Partners have profile not guest

Tavia0
Level 2
Centurion, South Africa

Partners have profile not guest

Morning all hosts;)
I feel a little uneasy about a partner with a profile booking for their partner. The person booking did not make use of my accommodation, only the partner did. Although all went well this time around, I'm concerned about future reservations. One never knows what is going on in the couples personal life.
Any thoughts welcome
4 Replies 4
Carl22
Level 2
Boston, MA

Seems to me that this violates Airbnb policies.  In this type of situation, the person coming to your place is NOT the person represented by the profile.  

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Tavia0 @Carl22, I have read about a new system Air is working on where you can book third party guests, ie someone booking for work, relatives etc. Not in place yet, but hopefully soon as this is a regular issue hosts face. Meanwhile, if it happens again, suggest that they set up a separate account as they will earn travel credits that way. A win-win!

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Tavia0

As mentioned this falls under 3rd party booking and as yet not allowed under Airbnb regulations.

When you are prompted for a review you can always decide to leave a short comment saying that (name of account) had unbeknowst to you had in fact booked for his wife and not for himself , Then either leave it at that (if you are not filled with praise for her as guest) or fill it out with more (if she was a good guest). That way other hosts will know to ask when he tries to book again.

You might also want to think of adding in your house rules that the booking is only valid if the person booking is part of the guest group; that guests arriving without the person booking or extra guests arriving on the property that have not been booked and paid for will be be reason for the booking to be cancelled.  

After booking make sure you ask for full names and mention that you will be checking IDs, which is fully mandatory for hosts in many areas of the world anyway.

Usually that's a clear sign to anybody not wanting to play fair that you're not a pushover.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Third party booking is only available for those hosts who qualify and elect to accept the business traveler.  The third party booking person or agency is listed with Air BNB.

I agree that house rules should reflect no third party booking and only registered guests.  Saves alot of confusion later.  Remember many people have only experienced hotels type bookings and thus are not familiar with the Air BNB policies.