Paul Manafort Allegedly Used Laundered Money to Make Thousands Through Airbnb

Paul Manafort Allegedly Used Laundered Money to Make Thousands Through Airbnb

4 Replies 4
Mark26
Level 10
Melbourne Beach, FL

I started out with One Laundry Room, and in the last 14 years I've added two more.  I built them myself. It was a lot of work. 

Every now and then I discover that I've laundered money.  Usually it's because I didn't check all my pockets before throwing my shorts into the washer.  I wear cargo shorts just about every day of the year. You might say they're my "Uniform", and they have a lot of pockets. Not big floppy pockets, like the kind tourists wear in New York City much to the chagrin of some residents. More of a low profile sort of pocket with a velcro flap closure, on the front of each pleated leg. And hidden pouches without any coverings, hiding in plain sight, that are handy places to quickly stash and access cell phones and gardening shears... but... I digress... 

Most of the money is my own. I find it in my own personal washer.  Coins work their way out of the pockets, and I find them at the bottom of the washer, or I'll hear them clanking around inside the dryer making a horrific racket.  I pull 'em out... they're nice and shiny... and I toss 'em in a bowl on my dresser. Other times I'll find a wad of neatly folded bills in one of those pockets with the velcro closures.  Clean and fresh wads of neatly folded bills. Crisp, Clean Cash. Other times I'll find coins at the bottom of a washer used by guests.  Who could possibly have a problem with that?

@Mark26, I got a chuckle out of this!! I've done a fair amount of money laundering myself, as it happens!  Also earphone laundering, credit card laundering....

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Susie5 @Mark26 

That's so funny, I've laundered money that way to.

Tell me someone who hasn't!
Cash is still legal tender and always will be.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

Manafort and countless others... that's what happens when a company spends hundreds of millions of dollars fighting legal battles to protect its own interests, by refusing to hand over data to the authorities  on unscrupulous/illegal operators on its platform.