Peace and Prayers to all New Zealanders

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Peace and Prayers to all New Zealanders

♥️ Peace and Prayers to all New Zealanders.♥️

There are no words....

This should never happen anywhere, anythime. Racial and religious violence will never be tolerated in our global village. As an Australian, I feel despairing of this catastrophic event. We breathe and hold hands.

Peace be with you all.... 

73EC06AC-1FE4-4981-BCBF-99E38619C55F.jpeg

17 Replies 17
Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

The darkest of days, White supremacy has arrived in New Zealand. 

Kia Kaha CHCH  

Te aroha  ki  te Katoa 

Hi @Ria16. May I feel your pain. 💔  It appears that these evil beings are Australian. I apologise as an Australian.

Governments that globally, as well as on my mainland, that passively fester and allow discrimination, racial and religious intolerance will not survive. True Australians will act to repair our hearts and way of life for a fair go for all our brothers and sisters.  xxxxxx

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

* I apologise for my typo: “any time”.

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Thank you for this post. It is warming to know folks are casting an eye this way...

What happened today was a bad, bad thing...

Jacinda said it best in her response to these terrorists “You May have chosen us but we utterly reject and condemn you.” 

@Cathie19 I personally disregard the premis that these scabs were in any way Australian. In order to be Australian, they would first have to pass as human. No chance.

Meanwhile... my wife had work colleagues dismantling car bombs (IED’s), set by these people, all afternoon... I couldn’t imagine dismantling bombs as a job. I said “my god they are brave.” She said “No, it’s pure stubbornness driving them on. If we give up, they win.”

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

What a lovely country for this to happen to and the dam*ed irony that it had to be Christchurch that it happened in....hasn't this city suffered enough in recent years?

Wherever we are, we feel for you Kiwi's, we can't make it better but there is a spot in our hearts for all of you!

This is just not fair.

Rob

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Saddened and shocked to wake up to this news this morning.

Where I live,  people from all backgrounds are visiting their local mosque during prayer time as a show of solidatory and support for our Muslim brothers and sisters in our community.

Hopefully this is something that is happening in other parts of the world which have a mosque in their area.

We have already had young Mulim women with children saying they are frightened to take their children out to play because of what has happened.

While it feels like we live in a sad, bad world, when these terrorists make others live in fear. Howeverm,  it is good to remember through these tragic times, that there is much more good, than there is bad in this world where hatred and prejudice has no place.

"Ignorance breeds fear, fear breeds hate, hate breeds violence." 

When I saw the sad sad news........... this quote came to mind. 

My thoughts and prayers go out to all those who were affected by this horrible tragedy. 

So glad you posted this Cathie, as an Australian on the other side of the world I felt sick when I saw what happened this morning. New Zealand is well known and respected for its friendly peaceful people, and I am just at a loss to understand how anyone could cause such senseless harm and death to so many. Sending much love to all in NZ, and hope that instead of breeding fear and hate, these fanatics are seen as the abhorrent individuals they are, and that peace and kindness will be restored again.

Michelle-And-Michael0
Level 10
Wollongong, Australia

Heartbreaking.... As an Australian with a son living in New Zealand, NZ is our much loved second home. We too, are disgusted and devastated by this savage act of terrorism in this innocent, friendly and charming country. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, New Zealand. Xx

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Cathie19, thank you for this post. These words from you all @Michelle-And-Michael0, @Rosemarie9@Jessica-and-Henry0@Helen3, @Ben, @Robin, have got the tears flowing again. I am devastated beyond belief. My thoughts and prayers go out to all New Zealanders, in particular the Muslim community in Christchurch. May peace reign in our little world.

Daniel1598
Level 10
Fairfax, VA

@Cathie19 Thanks for the post. Hoping for peace and restoration to New Zealand.

We may be on the other side of our beautiful planet but we feel the pain of your broken hearts and send you love.  

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

There are no words to describe how horrified I am that this hate has made its way to New Zealand. I detest the expression "thoughts and prayers" since it it so often used to sweep solutions to the side, but, I am sending my deepest sympathies. They aren't up to the job.

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

The laying of flowers... such a simple thing?... but it's uniting people in a way that really gets me...

At one Mosque:

1 Mosque.jpg

At the cordon near the other Mosque:Second Mosque.jpg

At the hospital:

the hospital.jpg