Pennsylvania State Sales Tax License Number

James522
Level 3
Springfield, PA

Pennsylvania State Sales Tax License Number

Does anyone have this information?  It's required for the PA State Income Tax form.

Thanks.

21 Replies 21

Thank you so much! Do you mind me asking how you were able to obtain the number? Also, based on a comment earlier in the thread I just want to mention that; I'm using Turbo Tax and it does ask for the number when filling out the PA return. Thanks again! 

Simple persistence.  My final correspondance read:

"I do not understand why you cannot provide the PA State Tax ID number.  It is an 8-digit number (not 9).  It is required for all PA state tax filings.  I'm required to provide this number with my own tax return.  I need it immediately.  Please provide this information now."

I was never able to use TT for PA because there was an error in the code that caused an infinite loop in the form validation process.  Customer Support couldn't resolve the issue and refunded me.  I was able to download their produced forms and load them by hand in the PA DirectFile site.  No fun, and I shouldn't have to use TT again for this reason.  Their error costs them $30ish a year for the rest of my long life.  Let's hope Congress grows a pair (against TT) and makes tax filing free (like many of the other 1st world nations).

THANK YOU!!!

Ross-And-Elaine0
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

wow thank you James. hope this works!

Sarah-and-Alex0
Level 10
Philadelphia, PA

This is what I got from AirBnb

My name is Charles and I will be assisting you today. Below is the sales tax number you requested.

PA sales tax #67550833

If you do not have any other issues I will allow you to enjoy the rest of your day.

Charles

Carol5434
Level 1
Bainbridge, PA

I used the number that Sarah shared but for some reason, the HR block software says it is not a valid number. I tried putting in the one on the first page that someone thought was an EIN number and it takes that one. 

Has anyone gotten this information from Air this year?? Why can't they provide this to us somewhere in the help section so they don't have thousands of people asking for it every year?? 

Really need to know what the right number is for their state tax id. 

Please help. 

Kristin235
Level 2
Portland, OR

Dear James522, thanks VERy much!  I have contacted PA Dept of Rev and Airbnb, to no avail ...