Platform Update has made my listing disappear!

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

Platform Update has made my listing disappear!

Hi All:

Have just noticed that the platform has gone thru a bit of an update, which has changed the appearance and format of our listings. Sadly, when I do a generic search for my property type (ie, no dates) my listing no longer appears. The geo locator seems to be working, because if I search for an "entire place" with any of my available dates, it pops up, and is in the correct spot on the map.

Have contacted support, and have been passed off to tech, so am waiting on them. Anyone else get bumped off with the update? Can anyone make any suggestions for a fix?

I seem to remember @Susan17 having trouble with geo location...does this sound familiar, Susan?

82 Replies 82
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jennifer1421 @Ann489 @Emilia42  My bad! What I didn't notice is that because I was searching incognito, it was picking up my Mexican IP address and showing the price in pesos! 

Sorry about that.

And my house rules (not that there are many) are still showing on the search as House Rules.

Well that's a relief!

Edited to add: has the appearance of your listing changed? Mine had when I first noticed this (which is where I got the screenshot from) but has reverted back to the last iteration. Listing is still "disappeared", though.

@Jennifer1421  No, I didn't see any format change on my listing when searching incognito as a guest. 

I hope your listing is visible again, soon. I hate the way they mess around with stuff all the time. There's no need whatsoever for almost any of their "improvements". It just seems like busy work for techies and almost always results in glitches. Maybe we'll all see our response rates at 1024% tomorrow. 

Maybe you who've had your listings disappear are being "verified". Gotta be something suspicious about listings with consistent 5* ratings 🙂

Debora151
Level 1
Tweed, Canada

I have a listing here in Tweed,  Ontario which is not up any longer for my viewing.  I called airbnb and a nice lady there helped me and found my listing grouped in with other homes in my area and sent me a screen shot of it so I can see what she sees, that it is still there, I just still can't view my own listing in the line up except for when I want to view my own as a preview.  it is active.  but yeah that ticks me off that I don't know if it's there for real or not.  I joined Canada Stays also but unfort. I don't get nearly as many bookings so I feel kind of stuck with this platform as much as they have annoyed me. 

I’m having issues too!  Can’t do generic search but if you are specific, it will show up.  

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

I honestly didn't think it could get worse... I de-listed earlier this month in response to hosts being scapegoated by Brian Chesky after the Orinda shootings. I hope you all get this sorted out, and soon.

Tracey338
Level 2
Gresham, OR

Yes this just happen to mine as well. I reached out and am waiting for a tech to respond. What a bummer!

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

There are now only 10 listings showing in my city, as opposed to the usual 55 or so that appear when you zoom the map in toward our downtown area.

I'm thinking it must be a mapping issue - when the map first appears on a search, it encompasses a giant swath of central Ontario now, rather than the city of Peterborough.

Sure hope they sort this out soon. Fingers crossed that the majority of guests search with specific dates!

Laurel33
Level 1
Ephraim, WI

This is happening with my listing too. I called support and “Michael” helped me. He told me if I type in specific dates, my listing will appear. But because it wasn’t available that day (yesterday), it won’t appear in generic searches. My rental is booked pretty much every day, so does that mean my place will never show up in generic searches?! I expressed my extreme frustration to him. When I look for a place to stay, I search the city first, look for places that catch my eye, THEN select the dates I want OR look at their availability calendar. I imagine this is what many people do who don’t have specific travel dates or who work around availability of the host. I hope this gets resolved soon. I’m beyond frustrated and confused as to why this changed so abruptly. 

Wait, @Laurel33 , so "Michael" is suggesting that this is a feature, and not a bug?

That can't be right. Michael must be out to lunch. Surely...

I got the same response when I chatted with AirBNB with “AJ”.  He tried to tell me my listing was there if I put in available dates I have that aren’t blocked.  He said that I wasn’t showing up for this week because I’m booked.  I proved his theory wrong because the top listing in my area when not searching specific dates comes up and she’s booked through January.  I called and spoke with someone more competent and he said what I was told was incorrect and they are aware and working on it.  In the meantime, I’m not getting any bookings which I always do.  I also noticed when I went into today that the 350 normal listings in my area are now down to under 290.  So frustrating! 

Same here.  Some of the ones that DO show up are booked (or blocked) through the end of the year.  Mine have some opening here and there this month and a lot next month but are not showing up unless you search a specific date that happens to be available and fits the minimum stay window.

Hi Laurel,

This is what I posted to Lizzie the community anager in London after her reply to all involved:

Hi Lizzie,

Thank you. At least we know someone is listening to our concerns.

I had to battle logic with airbnb call center as well as chat support almost all day to try to get my message across, to no avail. That's why I went on the community board to state my case.

I sincerely hope that airbnb management and engineering take a serious look at the issues we listed.

Please indulge me in reposting what I last sent to your help support chat as well as a reply to a call center manager:

Airbnb Support
8:08 AM
Have you tried searching your listing with specific dates, filters, and amenities specific to your listing? The screenshot you provided with the last agent didn't show you plugged in anything else.
Ludmila
Ludmila
9:16 AM
Regarding your solution of filtering dates before a search to show all available rentals in a particular location:
Consider this scenario:
A customer has 7 days of vacation planned, for example, Nov 23 - 30. So customer searches that location for these
dates.
Let's say my listing is booked until Nov 24, so only
Nov 24- Dec 1st is available. Therefore according to the filter my listing would not be show on the listing.
So the customer would not see that my listing is available because only 6 out of the 7 days desired.
he/she would have missed my listing all together even if it were the best option for his/her desires.
Therefore, Airbnb and us would have missed out on the earnings.
Is this how you claim Airbnb is designed?
This is not how I have typically search for vacation spots since my vacation plans are always flexible with dates, but more subject to taste and choice.
Ludmila
Ludmila
10:43 AM
By comparing point roberts, wa searches on airbnb and vrbo before putting in any date filters, here what I findL
Airbnb - no filters: point roberts, wa shows a scant 5 visible prices on the location map, BUT it shows at least 11 prices for Tsawassen, BC, which is a nearby, not the target, location
VRBO - no filters: point roberts, wa shows at least 22 prices,
but no Tsawassen, BC listings.
Is this how Airbnb intend to compete with your competitors?
Does this filter strategy (or bug) to show
random results
if no filter is applied make business sense?
This is not how I have experience on the Airbnb website in the past 2 years until now
Ludmila
Ludmila
12:20 PM

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

@Robin611 @Yocencia0 @Laurel33 

Of the now only 10 (of the usual 55) listings that do appear in a generic search in my city's downtown area, not a single one of them has availability today. So, the CX agents are giving you completely false information.

Here's hoping they get this resolved soon. It's gotta be costing ABB a bundle.

@Jennifer1421 in our small town (Shepherdstown WV) there are now so few listings showing up that it is pulling listings from not only neighboring cities but two neighboring states, just to fill the page.   on our other listing in Covington VA, it is showing listings over 100 miles away ...