Platform Update has made my listing disappear!

Jennifer1421
Level 10
Peterborough, Canada

Platform Update has made my listing disappear!

Hi All:

Have just noticed that the platform has gone thru a bit of an update, which has changed the appearance and format of our listings. Sadly, when I do a generic search for my property type (ie, no dates) my listing no longer appears. The geo locator seems to be working, because if I search for an "entire place" with any of my available dates, it pops up, and is in the correct spot on the map.

Have contacted support, and have been passed off to tech, so am waiting on them. Anyone else get bumped off with the update? Can anyone make any suggestions for a fix?

I seem to remember @Susan17 having trouble with geo location...does this sound familiar, Susan?

82 Replies 82

This sort of thing happens all the time. Changes are made to the platform that are disastrous to hosts. Hosts have to alert Airbnb / other hosts here in the forums about the disaster. Disaster at some point gets cleaned up / 'fixed'.

My question: Why is it that these HUGE 'glitches' go unnoticed by the tech team after these changes to the platform are made? Is there any beta testing going on before these changes are rolled out 'live' onto the platform? Is anyone looking to see what happens after the roll-out of the new features or changes is done?

I have never seen anything like this in my life. If the Airbnb platform were a product that was bought (a software product, for example), the company would be out of business right now, and possibly facing lawsuits from distressed consumers whose businesses and livelihoods were harmed. 

Again, a complete lack of regard for hosts is evident in these constant changes that often inhibit hosts' ability to rent their listings and earn income. We are expected to just put up with it or leave. Why?

Yes, it seems to be resolved! Thanks for pointing it out. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wonderful, thanks @Laurel33

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I'm still missing from the Phoenix - Stays search entering no dates and even when I target the map for my area... Definitely missing business opportunities.  

Try to find my listing - Tell me I'm not crazy?!?!  .....  Its in the area below

My property is in Phoenix / Baseline / 32nd St / Hunter Ridge Condominiums.

The property title is:  Golf & Entertainment District Close, ASU w 2/Pools

Here is the link but don't click it until you try to find on your own or used a Private / Incognito browser to not cache the page

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23649943?

@David-And-Bobbi1I found your listing in an incognito search of "entire homes" on page 4 of 9 pages of results. The search was done without any filters.

Well that's good news!! Thanks!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I was able to find your listing too @David-And-Bobbi1, so that's two of us. Hopefully this will help to put your mind at rest. 

Thanks for your detective skills @Jennifer1421 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Excellent  - this is good to know because I cannot see it  - and am not booked at all (unlike last year) - my last booking was from Another platform...

@Lizzie  thank you for the update.  I checked, and alas, my listing is still not showing.  😕        I tried the "editing the space description" workaround as well without much success.   I just noticed that half of the listings in my part of town (East Boise) have disappeared as well.

@Ann489 @Lizzie Can confirm that I was unable to find Ann's listing in an unfiltered incognito search - even when zooming in on the area.

@Jennifer1421  thanks for checking, Jennifer.   😉    I contacted CS, and they just gave me the usual blablabla....unblock your calendar, otherwise it won't show...blablabla..   😛

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Ann489 and @Jennifer1421.

I've just taken a look in incognito for your listing Ann and I too can't find it, but I see that none of your dates are open in you calendar. Is this meant to be the case? If so, your listing won't show unless you have some dates showing–as guests won't be able to book it. 

Hopefully by opening up the dates this will then enable your listing to appear in the search. I have my fingers and toes crossed! 🙂 

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ah just seen your message about @Ann489. Sorry about that. Does this mean that your dates aren't closed? 

--------------------

@Lizzie   thanks for checking!  My calendar is blocked for the remainder of this year as we have family and friends staying for the Holidays.  This has never affected the visibility of my property before though.   Given the current issue with the most recent update, and the fact that others are experiencing this problem as well,  I am sure that this "glitch" is to blame.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Ann489, for me when I look at your listing I can't see any available dates even past the holiday period.

I don't know for sure, but  I imagine the system doesn't show listing that don't have any dates open,  because as a guest you don't really want to be shown listings that they get excited about, but then potentially might never open dates again. 

--------------------