Poor Host Support

Michael1505
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Poor Host Support

Some time ago I submitted my listing with a view to becoming an Airbnb Plus host..  I am in Melbourne, Australia

Afer wiating for quite some time I finally received areply from the Air Plus temavia a no reply email address the content is below. In particulart the sentence regarding the amount and cost of works required to bring the apartment uptu "Airbnb Plus Standard" I was a little bit confused as the apartment is brand new and I, in a very short space of time have managed to gain super host status.

I contacted Airbnb Support via phone and sought to clarify the content of the email so that I could improve my space and re-submit for review. The person I spoke to on that occasion stated that they would have someone from the Airbnb Plus team call me to discuss further. Well after about a week of waiting I decided to call again this time I noted the persons name I spoke to and got a reference number this time as well.

The person I spoke to stated that he would escalate the matter that I would hear from someone re my enquiry, again after waiting for some time I receive this time as a message in my inbox a similarly worded text message (seee below) that again failed to address the issues raised in my initial call and discussion.

Today the 27/6/2018 I have spent about an hour on the phone with Airbnb support but as yet I have not been given the information I am seeking nor have I been able to talk to a person from the Airbnb Plus team.

Michael, thanks for your interest in Airbnb Plus.

We took a look at St Kilda- Walk To Beach,Cafes,Trams, Parking *WIFI, and at this time we don’t think it’s a good fit for Airbnb Plus. You’re clearly an exceptional host, but beyond hospitality, Airbnb Plus homes must meet a checklist of requirements around comfort, quality, and design. While your space has a lot of what we’re looking for, we estimate it would need considerable updates to be ready for the program.

That said, Airbnb Plus is growing and evolving. Once we’ve reached a point where we can better assist you in upleveling your home, we’ll likely follow up. We’ll also be accepting invite requests again later this year and encourage you to reapply. Thanks for being such a valuable part of the Airbnb community. We recognise and appreciate all of your hard work.

Best,
The Airbnb Team

2nd message received

Hi Michael,

My name is @@@@@@ one of The Case Managers here with Airbnb and I hope this reaches you well.

Thanks for reaching out. We really appreciate your interest in the program.

You’re clearly an exceptional host with the reviews to back it up. But beyond great hospitality, Airbnb Plus homes must meet a checklist of requirements. While your space has a lot of what we’re looking for, we estimate it would need substantial updates to be ready for the program. Due to the volume of applications, we’re not able to provide specific feedback for each listing at this time.

We’re hoping in the future we can work together to make any necessary updates and have you join Airbnb Plus. As we grow and are better able to assist you in that way, we’ll likely reach out. In the meantime, just keep doing what you’re doing, you’re a great host!

3 Replies 3
Michael1505
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Update...

The support person who sent the 2nd message contacted me by phone this evening to tell me that the matter is being escalated and that I would be hearing from Airbnb Air plus within 48 hrs... I asked why I was sent the 2nd message from an area which had no authority to answer on behalf of the AirBnb  plus department, regretfully there was no answer.

Michael1505
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

I have yet to hear from the Airbnb plus team .

Michael1505
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

10/7/2018

If any Airbnb plus team member participates in the community forums and reads this post. I have yet to receive a response Airbnb ticket # 382 01947517.

C'mon guys get your act together where would Airbnb be without hosts??? You have a responsibility to provide accurate and timely responses to requests for support.