Pricing and reviews

Christi32
Level 2
Staunton, VA

Pricing and reviews

Are there any better resources that can help us price better?  I want to price to match the value of my home.  I have compared and contrasted in my area, but I would like more resources.  Airbnb seems to encourage me to lower my price based on supply and demand, but there are so many other variables......

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christi32 

Do not pay attention to Airbnb price suggestions or price tips. They are most of the time not realistic.

Other resources are Airdna (for big cities) or solutions you can subscribe to (like beyond pricing,  they will automate the pricing to the right level). But your "compatitors" are the best resource, also check them on other platforms.

Thanks for the feedback.  Do you find they suggest low pricing or high pricing for you?

That's right, Airbnb's smart pricing is not worth looking at.  I've used all the tools and they work ok but you're leaving money on the table if you use them.  Each listing is so different that the dynamic pricing tools are mostlikly going to lower your price too much.  I settled on superhosttools.com, it has a rule based pricing tool that allows you to have complete control over your prices, I highly recommend it.  It also includes automated messaging and reviews which is worth it's weight in gold!

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA