Recap of the April 28 Host Update with CEO Brian Chesky

Airbnb
Official Account

Recap of the April 28 Host Update with CEO Brian Chesky

BeloRauschBG.png

In his latest Host Update, CEO Brian Chesky talked about how we’re prepping hosts for the future of travel, and answered more of your top questions. Here are some of the highlights:

• Introducing our Enhanced Cleaning Initiative: An expert-led cleaning protocol will be available to hosts in May
  • Clarifying our extenuating circumstances policy:  An updated reservations dashboard will make it easier to track cancellations
  • An update on the $250M USD support payments: Hosts with eligible cancellations before April 8 will receive their first support payment by May 1
  • Clarifying our Superhost Relief Fund eligibility: We’re inviting Superhosts and Experiences hosts, prioritized by tenure and their earnings loss due to COVID-19

For more, watch the video or read the recap 

4 Replies 4
José70
Level 5
Lisbon, Portugal

I am just replying because i just saw that it had 0 replies and i don’t want Brian to be sad about it, so here is my reply. You are welcome! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @José70, that's very sweet of you. I hope you found the update useful. 

I hope you are doing ok. I notice you are in Lisbon, I was there in October last year, it's a wonderful city–I saw the best sunset i've ever seen in Lisbon. As soon as travel outside of your own country is allowed again, I hope to come back (not sure when that will be, but I hope soon). 

Thank you again and hope to speak with you more. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Aaron520
Level 2
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

as first Airbnb said will set a fund to helps for those hv superhost title more than a years but now change to atleast 4 years superhost title. Please helps to feedback I need helps too, I hv superhost title more than a years, and totally loss my income during this few month. Thanks 

And, if you have anything other than a super strict cancellation policy, most guests, being of normal intelligence, will cancel early enough to get a full refund. No payout, no compensation. Very clever, Airbnb!