Responding to Inquiries

Heather46
Level 1
Clayton, CA

Responding to Inquiries

My guest is not responding, so I called him, he said his friend used his profile to plan the trip, I asked him to have the friend contact me, they havent, Im feeling so un easy, I actually have so much trouble with airbnb guests, i do much better on other site, is this normal for people to use other peoples name?

2 Replies 2
Enda0
Level 7
London, United Kingdom

Technically, your guest/guest's friend is violating the Terms and Conditions. Is this person also travelling with the named guest? If not, I would be a little concerned.

Sometimes this isn't an issue. I have had several people book the place on behalf of their less technically-minded parents for example. I know that *technically* one shouldn't book on behalf of a third party, but I turn a blind eye in these cases. (That means I am also exposing myself to risk if I needed to make a claim on Airbnb's insurance too, I guess!)

If you are genuinely concerned, you could reach out to Customer Service and explain that the guest is not responding and that the 'guest' isn't actually the guest. They could cancel the booking without penalty to you. 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Heather46 If this is a confirmed reservation, I would contact Airbnb and explain that you were unaware that it was a 3rd party booking when you accepted.  Ask Airbnb to cancel it.  Sounds like trouble to me. 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427/can-i-book-on-behalf-of-a-friend-or-family-member