Response to review

Clifford10
Level 2
Cincinnati, OH

Response to review

Hello A guest reviewed me and I would like to respond but I don't know if the guest can then respond to that etc as i don't want there to be back and forth. So my question is can the guest respond once i respond to his review?

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

The response to the review is not back and forth for either guest or  host, @Clifford10.  If you have never responded to a negative review before, it is important to remember that potential guests are reading the response and are your audience.  Keep your remark short and professional.  Avoid being defensive or offensive toward the guest.  Some hosts have used this forum to get input on a response to a review especially if the host has never done that before.  

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Clifford10, no, they cannot respond to your response. @Linda108 gives good advice. I read the review in question and can see that it could be difficult not to get defensive and angry, but keep your response brief, professional and factual, and try to keep your emotions out of it. I can see from your review of the guest that they were less than stellar, so their negative review of you is clearly retaliatory. Try not to let it get you down - you're a superhost with great reviews so other people should be able to see this one in perspective, especially if you respond to the review professionally.