San Antonio to Immediately Prioritize Signing Local Tax Collection Agreement with Airbnb

Manuel297
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

San Antonio to Immediately Prioritize Signing Local Tax Collection Agreement with Airbnb

Hi Airbnb Hosts! I found this petition that I believe is in the benefit of all Short Term Rental owners in San Antonio.

Please show your support by signing this petition that is aimed at having the city sign an agreement with Airbnb that will increase the cities tax revenue by $200,000 a month for improvements to the city while also no longer forcing people renting their homes to pay a 10.75% tax out of our own pockets that would be passed on to the guests visiting the city if anagreement was in place. This petition is trying to drive awareness of this issue, and nobody seems to notice that the city is losing millions a year in taxes from tourists and rental owners are losing thousands of $'s a year because the city hasn't gotten an agreement signed with Airbnb like 370 other local governments have across the US (including the state of Texas)!

1 Reply 1
C-Radical0
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

Im having issues with taxation on my listings as well. The comptroller says that Airbnb automatically remits state tax and pays. But Airbnb says that since I added custom local taxes that they’re no longer collecting and remitting the state tax. How do owners do this? Delete the customs taxes? But if so how are they able to make sure the listings are still able to collect local HOT tax? Please advise!