Shorter Booking than minimum nights stay

Debi6
Level 1
Elgin, United Kingdom

Shorter Booking than minimum nights stay

Does anyone know how I can accept a booking that's for two nights when my minimum stay is set for 3 nights?  Any help will be very welcome.  Thank you Debi

5 Replies 5
Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

If you are happy to accept click pre approve

suggest you change to two days minimum if that's what you are happy with

Lynn43
Level 2
Blacksburg, VA

I also would like to know if I can offer a guest (on a one-time basis) a shorter stay than my minumum?  We made initial contact before I changed my settings to two nights so I want to honor the initial request although popularity of dates I have listed make 1 night stays impractical. 

Andrew90
Level 10
New York, NY

YES!!! Option #1 ) You can set custom monnstaubrewuirenrhts with pricing for arrange of dates. Option 2) you can imitate. Special offer if you already hafecacdiscussion going with a guest.

See the “Community Help Guides - Airbnb Community”

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Community-Help-Guides/m-p/23100#M311
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Eddie33
Level 2
San Francisco, CA

It used to be you could just message the host about stay options ie shorther than minimum stay nights. Now you can't message the host unless you put in an available, acceptable date range. So now I'm messaging the host about 2 days even though my inquiry must state the  minimum 3 days the host has set. AirBnb for a site n 2017, sometimes it feels like I'm running a rental business on a 90s website.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Debi6 Hi, you can always send an offer or change a reservation to reflect  the min or max of days or guests by first changing your setting accordingly, sending off the changed offer or change, then quickly reverting your settings back to what they were.

For ex. if your min # of nights are to recuperate the amount of preparation work, and a night less wouldn't (which is often why hosts set that up and aren't happy with guests asking for less), then you can still change the days to under your normal minimum but overwrite the automatically calculated amount with what you would want.

@Eddie33