Smart pricing changes

Smart pricing changes

Really disappointed that smart pricing is changing, it used to default to your standard pricing after 4 months which was really handy for me! I think you should be able to choose how long smart pricing covers! Apparently now it will just be open to all dates. I have a lot of big events that I try to put the price up for but the standard pricing outside of 4 months covered this! As most people book up early for events! So annoying! 

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Julie326  I never really got the Smart Pricing advantage.  I prefer to maintain a constant review of my calendar and adjust my pricing accordingly.  Perhaps if I didn't know my market, Smart Pricing would be a good starting place.  Most of us know what is going on in our communities.

There are constantly new events over several different venues in my city plus ammatur sporting events on top of that! It's hard to keep on top of all of that whilst having a full time job and running an Airbnb! Smart pricing really helped!

Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

Not sure where you are getting that Smart Pricing works for all available days...When I look at my calendar and in my pricing settings it says "Smart Pricing is on. If a guest wants to book more than 4 months from now, they’ll pay your base price or the custom prices you’ve set." I confirmed that this is the case by scrolling ahead in my calendar and sure enough the first half of February 2017 is dynamic prices and the second half is my base price. So there have been no changes to the duration of Smart Pricing.

I had an email about it Scott, it's changing on the 26th and it looks like there is nothing that you can do about it! Hence why I am annoyed!