Snoring - guests left

Ermine1
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Snoring - guests left

We let a self contained guest suite in our house. Guests will hear us going up stairs and overhead. We tell them we live here, and that they will hear us. We   have over 200 4.9 star reviews.

Guests left the downstairs guestsuite at 1am as they said they were disturbed by snoring from upstairs. They said they'd had been kept awake for 3.5 hours by snoring. 

Our rules are clear -  "If you find anything to not to your satisfaction please let us know within the first 24-hours of arriving - so we can fix it for you if possible." We also state they will see and hear us as we live here. They didn't call me to complain.

Both adults in the house upstairs were awake until well after 11pm so not 3.5 hours. 

Clearly they were disturbed as they called Airbnb and left, without messaging us. I think Airbnb must have relocated the guests. I sent our usual did you find everything Ok message this am - and they responded mid morning saying they'd checked out and want a refund.  

I have called Airbnb. I am waiting for the Airbnb person witrh the open ticket to get in contact with me. The room hasn't been released by Airbnb so I can't relet.

The FAQ refund info are silent on this sort of noise issue.  I am also not sure whether to put more information into our profile about hearing noise and say we provide ear plugs. Advice please on this and how the refund policy will apply.

1 Reply 1
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

This is a tricky one, @Ermine1, and you'll be aware your last two reviews mention noise issues (the most recent, snoring). I suspect the guests in question (if it's not those who've recently reviewed you) may not have gone the 'legal' route for a refund if you've only got a message asking for their money back versus a formal claim?