Special offer / offering reduced price

Special offer / offering reduced price

Hello,

I had a guest ask about a discount. I told him I could take a small amount off (it's been a bit slow, so I'm okay with $13 per night less). Is there an easy way to do this? I haven't accepted his request yet.  Do I accept the original request and then send a special offer? Or something else? (I know it's probably somewhere here in a post, but I'm having some internet issues so I thought I'd ask here.) 

Thank you, as always!

3 Replies 3
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Jennifer1351 

If it's an inquiry then you can send through a special offer. If it is a request to book, you need to accept the request and then go to 'Change/Cancel Reservation.' Follow the prompts to update the reservation (change the price.) The guest will get a message asking them to approve the new price.

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 5.52.19 PM.png

Thank you @Emilia42  for the quick response! And for the thoroughness. I was able to get back to my guest and they probably thought I knew what I was doing! 

One follow up for you or anyone, can I send money back to a guest who already checked out? I have a return guest who I meant to give a different price to and want to do it now.

Thanks again!

@Jennifer1351 

You can but once the guest has checked out all transfers of funds will be done in the Resolution Center. So you will go to their past reservation and click 'Send or Request Money."