Star rating for guests

Darcia0
Level 4
Umeå, Sweden

Star rating for guests

For each guest review, a host is asked to give a star rating for the guest's cleanliness and communication.

However, when looking at a guest's profile, the star rating for these aspects is not visible.

How can I as a host see these ratings prior to accepting a booking?

If it is not visible, than what is the value of completing these questions?

110 Replies 110

Lock your linen closet and it won't happen again.  Also, out door camera to count guests!

Bher0
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

If you have some Bad Guests, please report them to our Facebook Registry. Share this link with all HOSTS.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BadassGuestsRegistry/

Anne-And-Barry0
Level 2
Whangārei, New Zealand

Guest rating. I feel as a host I do need to know how others have rated guests. I am getting a little peeved with couples who book 1 person then there are 2. The communication is often coming at 3 oclock but no pronoun used. They can see there is a Queen bed so they know this I can accommodate 2 but I feel that these folk are doing it time and time again. They are often professional folk (not stupid) so feel they are cheating myself and airbnb.  If I could see the rating i.e communication 0 then I would not accept their company . I wonder how many others have found this 

Lesley29
Level 2
Picton, Australia

I agree that it would be very useful to see the star ratings for the guests before they come.  Otherwise, why are we bothering to fill them in?  

I also agree that it is hard to write negative reviews about guests because they now know where I live and who I am, so it makes me uncomfortable.  

We should be able to rate guests in a more anonymous way.  

Sally412
Level 1
Yakima, WA

Here's a related conundrum. I recently rented a house with a small group of people. It was dishonestly represented and pretty awful. All of the reviews, however, were five star. Baffling. We left it in good shape -- sheets washed, dishes done -- but decided to go home a day early. The person who had booked the place refused to write a bad review because he thought (rightly?) that he would receive a bad review as a guest and struggle to get bookings in the future. Is this true? I ended up sending a note to Airbnb to let them know that the place shouldn't be listed as it is but never heard back from them and I can still see the house, with its glowing reviews, online. (The dock we'd been told we could use was under construction, the windows were so dirty you couldn't see the view, none of the windows have curtains -- including a six by six bedroom window that faced a major highway, one bathroom lacked a door, remodeling was only half finished, the water company sent a notice that they were going to shut the water off for lack of payment...etc.)

Sara1152
Level 1
Lewes, GB

This all forgets the point that star ratings are not conveyed to future hosts so seem to be pointless (excuse the pun)