Star ratings for guests

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Star ratings for guests

Who gets to read the star ratings left by hosts about guests? Do guests get to see what star rating you left for each category? Also the very last question about whether you would recommend the guest to other hosts... Can guests see that yes or no answer?

6 Replies 6
Ava30
Level 10
Eureka, CA

Hey @Pete69 , I am pretty sure the guest gets to see the rating you left them. Hosts that have Instant Book can see it as well. Other than that, probably only ABB staff that have access to that information. As for the Yes or No question, it says right on the screen where you choose that the guest cannot see that answer. 

How silly that InstantBook hosts can see it... BUT can't put it to use (by rejecting a guest). Very ill conceived idea.

@Pete69 

I believe you cannot IB if your rating is 3star or lower ... at least I kinda remember seeing it somewhere. 

Maybe another host can confirm it?

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Pete69 

I have no clue what my star rating is as a guest. That info is not available.

Instant book hosts can see average star ratings left by previous hosts.

Guests have no clue if they are recommended or not by hosts.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

What @Emilia42  said! She is 100% correct!

Nutth0
Host Advisory Board Member
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Confirm, I am using an Airbnb as a guest for about 15 times and didn’t see a stars or recommended or not from my previous hosts. The way I can know is booked my friend place and ask them to see it for me.