Stat views once again not working!

Barbara56
Level 2
Quincy, CA

Stat views once again not working!

Hi everyone, anyone else having the same problem as we had during the begining of April:  My views are, once again, not updating. Sigh.  So I'm just wondering if others are experiencing it again.  Anyone?  It's only been 5 days but if they don't update tonight it will be 6 days, which is twice what airbnb says the maximum time will be, ie. 3 days.  So, twice what it's supposed to be seems significant.  I would appreciate any input from other hosts:  Is it happening to you, too?

27 Replies 27
Anton5
Level 5
Montreal, Canada

Same thing here, it is not the first time it's happening. 

I'm starting to get really frustrated with Stats sability\realiability in particular.

Anyone know what is going on and when the fuctionality is comeing back to stable?!

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Barbara56 This happens all the time....Stay calm and carry on.

Yeah, I'm calm but it's a shame to pay for a service that fails this often.  The fact that it happened just a month ago is significant.  People pay to stay at my home and if I consistently fouled up in the same way and this often, I would feel bad.  And, for that matter, I probably wouldn't have a super host status, I s'pose.  And, just as I provide a service to my guests, this is a service that we are provided with (and pay for) and it's a valuable one to me.  I use it often because I'm trying to see a pattern to the potential-guest interest that it shows.  Airbnb told me a month ago that it tended to happen when the superhost stats were being compiled by them but that reason only worked for last month, April.  It's May, just 30 days later and it's happening again, and that's a frequency of failure that truly is just not cool. 

I realize that it's not the end of the world 🙂 so I'm calm but I'm also willing to say "Not Cool".  🙂

Wow, rude much?

Erik3
Level 2
Nosara, Costa Rica

Hi Barbara and the airbnb world.

Today is May 7 and I am definitely experiencing problems with stats. As of yesterday, when I browse to Stats page from the Dashboard page and scroll down past the Earnings in May and Ratings from Guests sections, the next section is entitled "Views" but it no longer displays or allows me to go back and forth between views of day-by-calendar-day hits versus the views of the actual stay date. In addition the overlayed red line that represents average views in the same location no longer appears.

I no longer get the choice of choosing between displayed graphs. Without being able to change view types or see local averages the stats page is not as informative or as useful as it was before. Right after the graceful way airbnb handles global financial transactions, the stats (aka performance metrics) are my favorite airbnb feature!

Best,

-Erik

PS: Barbara I definitely do NOT perceive you as being rude! Thanks for your post. Let me know if the stats return to your expectations!

Just an FYI.... The "Rude" comment was NOT directed @Barbara56, who I thought asked perfectly "calm" questions/inquires.

😉

🙂  Thanks for clarifying, Diane, I very much appreciate it!  

Hi Erik, I'm with you, the 'perfomance metrics' (well put!) have also been one of my favorite aspects of airbnb!

My stats are still only showing the number of views my listing got on a given day but not what days are being looked at, or, as you called them 'stay days'.... (You described the problem/situation well, I found it awkward trying to describe the situation!) 

I have submitted a further inquiry to the staff of airbnb and when I hear back, I'll report back!  

Hi Erik, Well the help I got was, well it sure wasn't help.  It was frustrating.  I supposedly was talking to an airbnb representative and she told me two completely different things.  In her first email she told me there had been no changes to the stat page. Here's exactly what she said '  The stats haven't changed. You should still be able to view how many views you've had on a certain day as well as what days are being looked at. I would recommend confirming that you're using Google Chrome or FireFox. You may also need to view your cookies and cache.'

I emailed her back and told her that I'd cleared my cache and that I did you Chrome.  And then I, again, told her I still couldn't access the stat that showed what days were being looked at in the upcoming months.  And she wrote back and said something entirely contradictory to what she said in the first email!  And this was supposedly the SAME PERSON, the same name was used 'Menia N' in both emails.  Here's what she said in the email today:  As far as the stats are concerned, to see how many views, bookings, and requests for a certain day, you'd just hover over the day that you'd like to view. Those are the only stats available for you to see as of right now. 

So at first she says there has been no change to the stats, that I can see 'what days are being looked at' and today she says what you see above.  Basically that I can't see what days are being looked at.  Totally contradictory to what she'd said in her first email.

Really helpful, huh?  Plus, when you access the airbnb help pages they walk you through a drop-down menu process at the beginning of which they say you will have the option of a phone call or email but, at the end of the process, there is ONLY the email option.  Which sure didn't help me!

Anyway, I'm still trying to find out about this situation, this change to the stats.  I've now asked Menia N for a phone number.  🙂

Many thanks to Barbara and everyone for their comments and attempts to get help. I'm also glad to learn you guys are using the one of my favorite airbnb features: stats! Speaking of favorites, the way Airbnb handles helping people is one of my least favorite features. I don't mean that they don't help. They do. And, I'm sure they mean well. But it is **bleep** sure not very clear how to get help. Calls? Emails? Contact us about problems section on the web site? Tech support? What? What do I have to do? I don't want to post in a community forum. I want to report a problem and see the status of the problem I reported. Does airbnb even think it's a problem? Are they working on it? Is my problem in the queu? All of that stuff is nearly impossible the way airbnb is currently handling it.

OK. I digress. Sorry. Back to our stats problems. No I am not using Chrome or Firefox. However, I have checked in both Edge and Internet Explorer and they both have the same problems as I mentioned earlier. The problem still exists in multiple desktop browsers.

Best,

-Erik

My stats have not been working properly since last week...and like Erik, this is one of my favorite features:-)

This is especially frustrating because I am trying to schedule 2 personal trips, and really want to work around the peak travel times for our area and avoid being gone on the days we are having the most views.

Are the stats viewing a problem for everyone or just some hosts?

Is Airbnb aware there's a problem?

If not everyone, then do I have to contact Airbnb to ask them to fix the glitch?

Thanks everyone!

Elise

Elise

I have the same problem! I'm trying to explain it to Airbnb staff through Facebook, but they tell me I should clear cache. I've done it and it didn't help. I still don't have the trip day views!

John-and-Anne0
Level 2
Middleyard, United Kingdom

I can confirm a drop in enquiries and no stats data other than 1 view for May. I wonder if the website undergoes too many revisions?

I'm also missing these features! Really hoping the issue will be resolved quickly!