Status elevation beyond Superhost

Steve-and-Kasia0
Level 2
Torquay, United Kingdom

Status elevation beyond Superhost

Status elevation beyond Superhost.

We are a superhosts and obtain this status on a regular basis with a 97% ~ 5 star rating, with only a 4 star occasionally via the location rating, which we tend to think is a trifle unfair as we are based where we are, explain exactly where we are to guests and therefore can do nothing about this, so feel this should not reflect on our overall performance. Albeit we are in a beautiful location with beautiful views, but up a hill and not directly on the seafront itself.

However we would invite you to look at our reviews which are always 'out of this world' !!!

My Wife and I go far more than the extra mile for our guests and this is therefore reflected in the reviews.

I personally had occasion to use a Superhost airbnb for an overnight stay and it was awful. The toilet was dirty, the carpets were filthy, the room smelt, the bed linen was suspect and the heavily stained cups looked as thaough they had never been washed !!! 

The comment from the host was "As long as I get over 80% it doesn't matter".

Now tell me honestly, why should we share the same status as this particular host ?

We would suggest that hosts such as ourselves who clearly demonstrate superior service in all respects and reflect the values that airbnb wish to promote (as can be clearly seen by our totally unbiased guest reviews) should be provided with a higher status than merely Superhost, which could be achieved by airbnb monitoring the reviews.

This is not trying to polish our halos,  just an observation that we are lumped into the same category as an inferior host,  which somewhat defeats the status of Superhost. 

Steve & Kasia

22 Replies 22
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Which of your stays was the Airbnb from hell, @Steve-and-Kasia0, as you don't seem to have left any killer reviews consumate with that nasty loo etc.?

I agree there's some ropey hosts out there but I'm not sure an elevated 'Spectacular Host' higher being is the answer.   

Hi

I had the dubious experience when I was somewhat of a novice and in the early stages of hosting and as such was stupidly unsure of repercussions if I gave a negative review.

I also looked at the reviews of other people who had stayed at the property and they seemed OK at the time, so 'almost' doubted myself and wondered if it was simply that my standards were too high.

However after I had made a lukewarm non-commital posting and after a little while I decided that it was not good enough and made a point of contacting airbnb direct. Tht trouble being that it seemed there was little they could do and I then chalked that poor hosting down to experience.

It was the listing at Tooting/Wandsworth in London.

As regards your comment of 'Spectacular Host', I have to say that I agree with you.

I can't see any negative or even luke warm revews from you to other hosts on your listing @Steve-and-Kasia0 - perhaps they are no longer hosting.

It does sound like the host you were staying at didn't deserve even a luke-warm review, and it is a shame you didn't leave an honest review and/or contact Airbnb and ask for the booking to be cancelled, when it wasn't as described.

However, in some cases I agree with others. Some hosts staying with others seem to delight in putting other hosts down, not because there is anything wrong with the listing, but because the host compares the listing to their own place rather than basing their review on the listing photos and description.

As I previously replied to Gordon I had the dubious experience when I was somewhat of a novice and in the early stages of hosting and as such was stupidly unsure of repercussions if I gave a negative review.

I also looked at the reviews of other people who had stayed at the property and they seemed OK at the time, so 'almost' doubted myself and wondered if it was simply that my standards were too high.

However later I decided to contact airbnb direct. Tht trouble being that it seemed there was little they could do and I then chalked that poor hosting down to experience. I now know a little more about my way around the system, but perhaps the guy has stopped listing.

It was as I said the listing at Tooting/Wandsworth in London.

Suffice to say we will simply continue to provide great service and a great place to stay, until anything changes.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

There are hosts out there who will not take superhosts as guests, @Steve-and-Kasia0 . They are deemed demanding and stingy with stars.

"My place/hosting style/breakfast is so much superior to yours."

That's what those hosts say in the forum. It has not been my experience as a host, but I believe them.

And although generous with stars myself as a guest, and with no hope of feeling superior to anyone's listing, I have been declined mysteriously a couple of times, and maybe it was that. 

Anyway, imagine how hard it would be for a super-duper (or whatever) host! No one would take them ever!

So there's that, and I'm like the others with the rest. Not keen on another category of glory.

Unless it comes with a second travel credit, I suppose. That would be nice 😉

I never really considered that could be a problem.

Oh Crikey !!!

So I take your point.

Luckily I have no problems at all as a guest and have not been declined.

Even better I have not had any problems as a host (fingers crossed) apart from a very few people who I thought were a bit odd, but hey that's life !!!

Quite fancy the second travel credit though.

Hehehehehehehehe

Katrina79
Level 10
Saskatchewan, Canada

@Lawrene0 @Steve-and-Kasia0 I have a “superhost” guest reservation coming up soon. Should I plan a strategy in advance to get a good review? Lol 

Hehehehehehehehehe

Well I suppose you could make a sign saying: SUPERHOSTS WELCOME

LOL