Superhost does not mean higher listing in the area. Why?

Judy-Helm0
Level 2
Montana, United States

Superhost does not mean higher listing in the area. Why?

Boy, was January, February, and March dead for us in Montana?  And yet there were many activities in town that drew tourists and visitors.  Do any of you have suggestions for getting higher listings? 

Airbnb has suggested lowering price, which we did.  We don't want to lower it anymore because we sleep six and have a full kitchen. 

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Judy Helm ****--Author/Blogger/Intuitive Wise Woman 

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13876336

4 Replies 4
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Take no notice of the price tips.

Instant Booking pushes you up the order.

SuperHost has essentially no impact.  Guests can filter for them but never heard of a guest doing so.

David

Thanks for your thoughtful reply.  The more I learn, the more I realize how much there is to learn.

Always good to connect with like-minded folks.

Judy Helm Wright--Author/blogger/Intuitive Wise Woman 

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Judy-Helm0: We do direct marketing using social media for special events coming to the area. For example. Say there is a motorcycle event happening two months out. We will post something on our instagram using hastags like #harleydavidson, #(whatever the event is called) etc for a few weeks. The same with Facebook. We will post on said events page and see if we can drum up interest and inquires that way. Even just commenting on the Airbnb stories on Facebook with links to your place is never a bad thing.  

As far as getting a higher listing on Airbnb. I make it a point to log-in every morning and go to our calendar. Make some note changes, tweak a price, add a new picture, re-word a description. Something. The Airbnb algorithm likes activity and it works at getting us 30-40 views a day.

Maybe this won't work for everyone but it has worked for us. Good luck.

Wow--thank you so much.  This is just what I was hoping to learn.  I have seen other AIRBNB hosts advertise on Facebook but did not know how to do it.

Thanks so much for sharing and caring.  Always good to connect with like-minded people.

Judy Helm Wright--Author/blogger/Intuitive Wise Woman