The Vegan Thread.

The Vegan Thread.

Ok - so since Air B&B is getting rid of the groups (and therefore the veggie group) AND they, inexplicably, have removed the keyword search, I hope this thread can be a place for us vegan peeps to meet & chat & stay & host!

Welcome veggie folks 🙂

60 Replies 60
Marc-And-Jenny0
Level 1
Berry, Australia

How can we join a vegan group? Or advertise on AirBnb that we

Marc-And-Jenny0
Level 1
Berry, Australia

How can we target other vegans or let vegans know about us in the community?

Hi Lovely green peeps.  Vegan here - I offer veggie and vegan acommodation in Oxford.  Been doing air for 8 months or so..  Am doing my first evening meal this Saturday night.  They asked for veggie pasta. Not sure what to charge, maybe £15 without alcohol.  I'll calculate what I buy and then add about £10.  Does that sound right to you?  £15 seems a bit low but £20 seems a bit much.  Hmm I'm in a quandary.  Katherine 🙂

Hey Katy!

Hosting a vegan pasta party sounds great 🙂   I would go with 15, that seems reasonable.  Over time you can start marking it up slightly more as your rave reviews start pouring in 🙂

Enjoy the event!

Erik

Katy44
Level 2
Oxford, United Kingdom

In the end Eric I charged them £10 as I made loads and had 2 meals myself from the leftovers.  Everyone was happy Thanks for your support.

Cheers

Katherine

Elise8
Level 1
Sainte-Adèle, Canada

I'm in! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Elise8@Erik6@Katy44@Marc-And-Jenny0@Flo18@Ben152

Lovely to meet you all. I love that you have created this thread here Erik. It sounds like there are lots of things going on.

I wonder do any of you have any great vegan recipes? I'm not vegan myself, but I am keen to cook more vegan food. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello Lizzie,

Thanks for your message and that's great to hear you're trying more vegan options. One green planet is one of my fave sites for recipes.  If you let me know what kind of cuisine you're normally into I can check into that.

Do you have any update as to when the keyword search option will return so that we can easily find vegan hosts?

Cheers from Prague 🙂

Katy44
Level 2
Oxford, United Kingdom

Hi Lizzie - sorry for the late reply.  I have been following Dr John McDougall's way of eating (plant based, no added oil) for 7 years now.  https://www.drmcdougall.com/forums/  The first thread on the food forum is recipes.  There are two types, super low fat with no nuts or high fat food and super healthy.  I make my version of the Tofu scrambles for air visitors if they want a hot breakfast.  I've had very positive comments from carnivores and veggies.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This sounds nice @Katy44. I'm glad your guests have been enjoying your breakfasts, it sounds nice. I'll take a look at your link for some inspiration.

I've been trying to make some nice new soup receipes this week, not all vegan friendly admittedly, but I do look at receipes to see what would make it vegetarian/vegan. I find warm soups are especially needed here in the UK in January! 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Martins2
Level 1
Riga, Latvia

Hello all. I have been traveling and using AirBnB for some time since 2011. FInally I have my own place and now become a host. Vegan apartment newly decorated, never had any animal meal done in the kitchen so - PURE place. 🙂 Wanted to know any tips and tricks to be more easier to be find on AirBnB or any other outside community where to post my existance.

Riga, Latvia (Europe)

Magda60
Level 2
Sollia, Norway

Hi 🙂 I have vegan airbnb. I see that is hard for people to find vegan places on airbnb. I tried to search it self and tags not work. I found new page vegvisits, guess this is right place to add our offers except airbnb 🙂

Angus-and-David0
Level 4
Queensland, Australia

Hi All,

I am not a vegan or even a vegetarian but I do happily design my breakfast hampers to suit individual guests. I always find out what type of diet they have and shop accordingly. I live on acerage and therefore have numerous fruit trees and vegetable, herb plots so I can usually provide fresh produce or let the guest just 'help themselves'.

I also have as part of my guest directory a comprehensive guide to local vegan & vegetarian establishments including any local V/V festivals or markets. I have included these places in the AirBnB guidebook.

Any suggestions to additions from the V/V out there then please send me a comment.

Happy Days

Angus & David

Alysha6
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

I wish there was a vegan tag on airbnb! Is there not a way to contact someone to make it? All the best from Wales x

I know!!  It would be so good. 

All they really need to do is implement the keyword search again  :''(