The most valuable experience from being an airbnb host

Nana44
Level 3
Athens, Greece

The most valuable experience from being an airbnb host

Dear all,

My house is in Greece ,Attica.On Monday afternoon July 23 a sudden fire destroyed the area but not my house. 

The best gift from my experience  as a host, is to receive messages from my previous guests , even guests since  2016 asking about the area, my house and the people they had met during their stay. 

I feel grateful to have received those messages.

8 Replies 8
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Nana, thoughts are with you all in Greece at this time.

It's times like this we are blessed to have the internet where we can communicate instantly from one part of the world to another.

To think it's only around 100 years ago since the invention of the telephone & 60 or so years ago since international air travel came about and those before us had to wait 6weeks or more to hear if loved ones were safe after such unfortunate incidents which should never have happened.

Take comfort knowing we around the world care about our fellow citizens across the other side of the world.

Our hearts go out to you all.

Kind regards

Helen

Deborah82
Level 10
Toodyay, Australia

Hello Nana,

i am glad to hear that you and your home are safe from the fires.

please take care of yourself.

keep us updated here if you can.

kindest regards,

Deborah.

Loving the Airbnb community and it’s diversity❣️
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Nana44  So glad to hear your home is safe, but saddened by the loss of life and damaged suffered.  We are all vulnerable.  

Both as a guest and as a host, I have contacted other members of this community when I hear of terrible events in their area.  All have appreciated the consideration and gratefully no one has be directly impacted.

Take care, @Nana44 as my thoughts are with you and your countrymen. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw this is so nice to hear @Nana44. Hearing such kind words at such a difficult time, can mean so so much and it just show how much their time staying with you means to them. 

As others have said, it is awful to hear about the fires in Greece at the moment. I do hope all your family and friend are all safe too and just hope thing get better soon. 

Take care and thank you for sharing. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Thank you for sharing @Nana44 💕

I have been sitting glued to the couch watching the horror in Greece. I'm so sorry for your loss. I believe all of Norway is thinking about you. Greece is one of our most popular vacationspots. Crete is mine. So heartbreaking.

You are in our hearts!

Mariann

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

My thoughts are with you @Nana44

Mother Nature is a loving and gentle beast or a raged out of control monster.. and all aspects in between.

My prayers and thoughts are with you, your family and Greece. Also for others in fire, drought, flood and all other natural disaster areas currently. 

Human nature mirrors nature, both good and bad. So lovely that your past guests have that shared experience and rapport, which makes this a rewarding process. Let’s keep the care for our neighbours in our humanity, in this global village of Earth. 🌏 

🙂

Cathie

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Nana44

I am so glad to hear you and yours are safe. 

It has been so devastating to see all those affected by the forest fires in Greece and elsewhere. And those affected by other natural disasters throughout the world.

Helen

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Hello @Nana44 , any updates for us how things have progressed in Attica, Greece since the fires?

Has there been growth of new plants and have the animals/ insects in the Natural world of Noah's Ark returned where they perished?

I hope you are keeping well and that Attica is back flourishing

Central To All Home & Location

Remuera, Auckland, New Zealand