The new home page

The new home page

Just want to give some feedback on the updated website. It was a little tuff with the app down for several days right at the beginning of summer. I feel I went through all of that stress just for this big bright, garish box of color on the home page which I find unsettling. I do think the new drawings are nice but unnecessary and distracting. Anyway, I liked the way it was, simple and clean. I don't need big boxes of color and digital art to understand how to manage my Airbnb account. It's cartoony and unnecessary. I'm not a huge complainer but the website should be designed for us, the people who have to use and look at it every day not some designers great idea. Thanks for reading, Wendy

18 Replies 18
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Thanks for the review, @Wendy256.  I was kind of hopeful about it, but it hasn't shown up yet on my Mac.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ann72 ,

The new home page is still being rolled out to Core hosts so it's not globally deployed just yet. Also, if you're a Pro tool user, the new homepage is not quite ready for rollout just yet. The team is working on bringing it to Protool hosts in the near future.

Hope that helps!

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Thanks, @Stephanie, I had just seen @Scott’s note about this, and as I’m a pro user, that’s why I haven’t seen it yet!

What's a "core host?" Clearly not me. Do "core hosts" get special treatment/more benefits? Also, what's  a "protool host?" Same question. 

Why do different hosts get different preference? 

@Jennie131  I don't know what a Core host is, but pro tools are available to every host.  They're given automatically to every host with 6 or more listings, and everyone else can simply request them in their Account.  

@Ann72 Thank you! Very much appreciated.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Jennie131 @Ann72 

Sorry for the confusion, I mistyped. But as @Ann72 says, Professional hosting tools are available to anyone but are automatically given to those with 5> more listings.

Here's a great article that shows how to get them on your account and details a bit more about what's availalbe:

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2499/how-can-i-use-professional-hosting-tools

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Tom3013
Level 1
Eureka Springs, AR

I just now typed out a long agreement statement for Wendy's comment. My new frustrating home page won't let me join the conversation. 

Tom3013
Level 1
Eureka Springs, AR

The new home page won't load new messages. I have to rely on and monitor my email to see questions and comments that don't ever show up on my new home page. I certainly agree that the color bar and cartoons are very distracting as well. Can we have the original simple page back?

@Tom3013  What do you mean by won't let you see questions and comments? You seem to be confusing this forum with your Airbnb hosting account pages, which are 2 completely different things.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Plain and simple is best, especially in these challenging times.

People have downsized Phone and Internet Plans they are on to reduce expenses as they have lost jobs and income.

@Catherine-Powell, with your background at Disney, maybe we could take a step back in time  to the days or pre Technicolour and as life goes back to people feeling like they have their lives back and independence back, like those people before us went through in eras of The Depression and War eras then start to return to more colours added.

A return to the days of Black and white and simple what are now called 'Stick Drawings" is respectful for those who have lost their careers and loved ones as well.

Maybe in future times when life and economies return to some form of normality add the basic colours of Red, Yellow, Orange, Green, Blue, Brown and the likes like they had in early Technicolour days of Gyo Fujikawa, Walt Disney, Dr Seuss etc.of creativity

Respect for those in challenging times is to adhere to simplicity and financial constraints.

@Wendy256 @Tom3013 @Stephanie @Brian 

Melanie710
Level 2
Bowen Island, Canada

Agreed, too much unnecessary flashiness while burying useful information. The "We're here to help" is a waste of space and "Next steps" are largely annoying. I would much rather see a return of the progress summary box (earnings, views, ratings, etc.). The changes appear to be more about promoting Airbnb and very little about host needs.

I do SO AGREE with these comments about the new home page!! I much prefer the old one, with all the info I needed right there. Why on earth did you change it? This one is too flashy and is NOT USEFUL to me at all. I can't even find my total income for the month, which used to be posted right there top left of the home page. It's not on the home page and I can't even find that figure when I did deeper. Please consider reinstating the older, more straightforward and more useful home page!

John816
Level 2
D.C., DC

My problem is there is nowhere to see where I need to leave reviews. I have fairly high numbers of people coming in and out, and basically do my reviews every week or so. I can't find out where the ones I need to do are now.