New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

New to the Community Center? Introduce yourself here ‌👇

Hello everyone! 😊

Welcome to the Community Center! 👋  I'm @Bhumika , one of the Community Managers for our English Community Center along with my lovely team members @Quincy @Paula @Rebecca  and @Sophia and we are thrilled to have you join us.

Let's kickstart this thread with a little about us Community Managers:

@Quincy : I'm from the Netherlands 🇳🇱 I have been on the Community Center for 6+ years, and have been an Airbnb Host myself. I love cycling🚲, playing football, and travelling🌏 . I love how dynamic and diverse the Community Center is as we meet Hosts from all around the globe. 

@Bhumika 🌍 I was born in Gujarat, India 🇮🇳 , and shifted to Toronto, Canada 🇨🇦 last year! 📷 I recently realized my love for photography and aesthetics. I love to capture mundane life and candid pictures. 🌆 When I'm not working, you'll find me binge-watching thriller movies or exploring history.

@Paula : I am from Colombia 🇨🇴 and currently living in British Columbia, Canada 🇨🇦. I have a passion for Latin American culture (I love to dance 💃) . I've had the opportunity to visit around 20 countries 🌎 and plan to visit many more. In my free time, I enjoy outdoor activities, especially mountain biking 🚲 and hiking 🏔.

@Sophia : Born and bred in the UK 🇬🇧 but my roots are Bangladeshi 🇧🇩. I love cats 🐱, enjoy eating crisps (also known as chips) and enjoy baking 🍪. I also love travelling ✈️  I have worked in Community ever since I graduated and to put it lightly, people are my passion! 💖

@Rebecca : I'm from Cardiff in Wales originally but being a military child and a veterans spouse, I've travelled and lived in a lot of different places in the UK and Europe. I'm an environmentalist 🌿 and like to minimise my impact on the planet 🌎 as well as volunteering in my local community.  I love sea swimming 🌊 yoga on the beach 🧘‍ and I'm a children's yoga instructor too! 🙌 

Now it's your turn! Tell us a bit about yourself. Where are you from? And is there something special about the location of your accommodation that you'd like to share?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Warm regards,

Bhumika

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

1,914 Replies 1,914

Hey there, sure thing. Hosting has - & + can’t complain. Yes my boy is beautiful he’s Arabian, such a stunner ❤️🫶🏻🥰. Thx for sharing, have a great weekend x

Georges265
Level 1
La Valette-du-Var, France

Hi dear Airbnb Community,

I'm from France, our airbnb is located in Corsica, Porto-Vecchio. Corsica is called l'île de beauté (the beauty island). We've bought the villa 2 years ago and are happy to achieve the Superhost status. Corsica is as famous as the birthplace of Napoléon Bonaparte. It is a popular holiday destination among tourists, best known for it's beautiful beaches, warm climate, dramatic mountain peaks and stunning coastlines.

I love to play basketball, and to golf around the world. Since my early childhood, my family used to travel a lot, so I'm privileged to speak 4 languages.

Looking forward to learn a lot from the airbnb community.

Cheers,

Georges

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi @Georges265 👋

Welcome to the Community Center! We're thrilled to have you here. 🎉

While you're exploring, take a moment to check out all the amazing resources available in the Community Center. It's a vibrant hub where you can connect with fellow hosts and get valuable support.

Feel free to start a conversation and ask any questions you may have!  😊 

-----

Roger1055
Level 2
Boston, MA

Hello all!

I'm from Boston, MA, USA and have been hosting for a couple years with my wife. Then I recently just started hosting with my own profile for clients a few months ago as my new career. Looking forward to meeting more like minded hosts, learning about new and efficient ways to operate and basically just enjoying what we do. 

Baltina0
Level 1
Bellingham, WA

Hello and what a wonderful community. My name is Baltina and my husband Matt and I host in our recently remodeled ADU that is on our property nestled in the woods of the beautiful Pacific Northwest here in the states. We are located 2 miles from world class mountain biking, a lake and the beautiful Mount Baker is only about a 45min drive door to mountain. 

Our property features a few fun things such as our minature horse Maggy & we recently added a flock of chickens to out property to provide fresh eggs for guests and our family.  We are so excited to be a part of this community and we look forward to learning more tips and tricks. Have enjoyed reading so many great introductions from all over the world already!!! 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Baltina0 👋

Welcome to the Community Center! We're thrilled to have you here. 🎉

While you're exploring, take a moment to check out all the amazing resources available in the Community Center. It's a vibrant hub where you can connect with fellow hosts and get valuable support.

-----

Bo126
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

@Sophia  Yes, Sophia, I just traveling back to China  in January and returning to Toronto in March.  Really wanted to stay longer because  I have family members there and life in China is more relax and convenient, especially the food which you can not  have it here.

I grow cucumber, hot pepper,  eggplant, tomato,  winter melon, and other green leaves veggie.  Hope my guest was like all these plants.

Hi, I am Sutha; I live in Southeast London(Croydon). I am looking to

co- host/ property management opportunities. Any guidance or help to achieve this I would appreciate. 

Hello!/ Terve!

I`m Per and I`m a gardener by profession, but retired almost 3 years ago.

I started to rent out my log-cottage in March 2020, unaware of the coming "disaster", two days before Norway closed down because of the Corona-pandemic, so the first year I had few guests.

From 2022 I have had an increased number of foreign guests and a significant decrease

of Norwegian guests.

My log-cottage is situated in the Lyngen Alps area east of my hometown of Tromsoe, in the northern part of Norway. 2/3 of it was built in the years 1912-1914 and in 2012-2013 I built a modern extension with details from the old part.

The winter is a busy time with mainly people coming to conquer the many mountains in the Alps, people climbing in frozen waterfalls or just coming here to relax, breath the clean air and just be.

My part of Norway is the meeting place of several groups of people, 3 of them are from a historical point of view the Kvääni-Finnish, the Sami and the Norwegians.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Per-Kuttainen-Ylimattila0 👋

It's wonderful to meet you. Welcome to the Community Center! We're thrilled to have you here. 

-----

Julie6037
Level 2
Erie, PA

Hello beautiful community! My name is Julie and I'm excited to learn and share any insightful knowledge on this forum. I'm originally from NYC but relocated to Erie, PA.

I just launched my 1st modern boutique apartment in Girard, Pennsylvania neighbors to Erie, PA. Its located in a convenient spot where you can access 3 major metro cities (Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh even Niagara Falls).

It is a quaint town with lots of history and fishing! Actually one of the best known spots for fishing.

I welcome any insight from vetern members as well as new members. Should you want to explore NWPA check out my place if you want a new, clean, modern, fully equiped home. See you in chat!

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya @Julie6037 👋

Welcome to the Community Center! We're thrilled to have you here. 

-----

Michalis46
Level 2
Stockholm, Sweden

Hello! American living in Sweden, but has an airbnb in Mykonos, Greece. Hope I can get some nice convos and support here! https://www.airbnb.com/h/themykonoshouse

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Michalis46 👋

Welcome to the Community Center! We're thrilled to have you here. 👋

-----

Bhaskar17
Level 2
Greater Noida, India

Hi, I am Bhaskar from Greater Noida, India and I have put my family property at Patna my hometown on Airbnb.  

I am here to try Airbnb as an additional income source and also as an happening place for my parents by having visitors and doing hospitality for them. 

Also there are some other unused properties of ours at different locations which I want to put on Airbnb and make best use from. 

What I am struggling right now is to understand what to expect from different properties in terms of monthly income, how many days of occupancy and what all I can do to improve my visibility and my commitments as a great host