The way Airbnb handle hosts complains about reviews

The way Airbnb handle hosts complains about reviews

Messages from Case Manager aNGELO,

Stephan:
Hi Angelo, I want to know how someone that did not stay at my house (Jane) can leave an untrue review without seeing the house and rooms inside.

Stephan1:56 PM
Angelo, about Muzi, you Airbnb paid damages to me from his security deposit as they nearly destroyed my house, but he still has a say about the property! This means even when a guest is totally dishonest and put untrue statements on a review, it has to stay on my reviews and damage my change for higher ratings, this is not fair. As for Jane she never was past my reception and still, her review makes statements about rooms, finishing and a lot of things she never saw because she WAS NOT in any room our bathroom, etc. Please phone me urgently as this is not a fair practice and totally wrong!!!

Airbnb Support4:44 PM
Hi Stephan, thank you for your response and thank you for this information. I will ask if it is possible to send us some proof that your guest Jane didn't stay in your place. I also checked that your guest send you a message multiple times but you didn't respond to their message. Regards to your guest Muzi, I understand that we help you to process your request for the damages that your guest did to your place and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I will advise that since your guest stays on your place, they can still leave a review that they experience and we respect that. We even review those reviews of your previous guest and I don't see any violation to our Airbnb content policy. I hope you understand.

Stephan4:55 PM
There was a refund made to Jane Airbnb because they did not stay with us. I believe guest are allowed to leave true reviews and also negative reviews but not untrue ones. They left the house in a total mess and destroyed towels and glasses and still they can lie on a review and Airbnb do allow this
3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Stephan185 

Ahh... untrue reviews and retaliation ratings are one of the main cause of host's frustration on Airbnb 😞

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Stephan185 

Perhaps Airbnb was confused by your messaging, as I am.

Did the guest stay at your house?

Did your guest enter your house?

OR Did they damage your house?

These are very different and exclusive events.  

@Paul154  two different guests