Trip length I would like to be able to vary it for certain times of the year

Tea8
Level 2
Whananaki, New Zealand

Trip length I would like to be able to vary it for certain times of the year

As a host has anyone thought it would be good if you could have a variation of trip length days depending on the date. When we are busy I could request a longer stay but no option for this. When its quite I am happy for someone to stay for a day, wish I had options??

5 Replies 5
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

I do this all the time. Go to your Listing --> Availability. Add different criteria based on date range. To get the dates you want, you might need to scroll down the default list until you find "custom dates."

During the high season, I start with a four-day minimum, and then adjust to fill in the dates leftover. If there are groups of three nights, I create a new rule that requires a three-night minimum.

This part of the system is actually very powerful and can decrease the amount of work you do, while maximizing your income.

@Tea8

Like @Susan151 says.....it is possible to have different "minimum stay" requirements for different dates/seasons/months.

Calendar > Availability settings > Availability > Trip length (Edit) > Add another requirement > Edit a requirement > During (drop down) > Specific dates

Then chose start/end dates and the min stay you want to have for that duration. Don't forget to click SAVE. One thing to note is you cannot have overlapping dates for requirements. For instance, the dates you put in will have to be something like this.....

During June 30, 2018 – July 31, 2018, guests stay for minimum 14 nights.

During August 1, 2018 – August 8, 2018, guests stay for minimum 2 nights.

During August 9, 2018 – August 23, 2018, guests stay for minimum 5 nights.

Thank you soo much for this information

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Tea8 Please note that the minimum dates apply from the start date of the reservation. So in @Jessica-and-Henry0 example above, a guest would still be able to book on June 29th for any length of stay (say 3 nights), but if they wanted to come on July 31st, they would have to stay for 14 nights. Not always what hosts expect from this minimum night setting.

Tea8
Level 2
Whananaki, New Zealand

Gillian thank for your information!