Two Questions About Payouts (One Related to Routing, Another Related to Incidental Costs)

Aidan31
Level 1
New Taipei City, Taiwan

Two Questions About Payouts (One Related to Routing, Another Related to Incidental Costs)

Hello, fellow Hosts!

I have two questions; however, if the answer to the first question is yes, then the second is no longer a concern (although I'd still be curious to know for future reference).

So, my first question is this: is it possible to route payouts for settlements reached through the Resolution Center to a different payout method than the one designated for the relevant reservation? For example, let's say I have two bank accounts, one at Bank A and one at Bank B. Bank A is a big national bank with branches all over the country and robust online banking which I use for bill payments and online shopping. Bank B is a local bank with only one branch in the area where I live that I use for every day banking and cash withdrawals. Now, let's say I have a reservation at my listing that is paid for, but there is an incidental cost that arises during the reservation which the guest must pay. Funds in Bank A are not as easy for me to access where I live as funds in Bank B. So, I want to know if it's possible to route payouts for reservations to Bank A but route all resolution payouts to Bank B (regardless of reservation). Is this possible? It doesn't appear to be, so I'm just wondering if I'm missing something.

My second question is especially relevant if the answer to the first is some variation of 'no.' Airbnb's Terms of Service explicitly prohibit accepting or giving payment for reservations outside of the website; they also explicitly prohibit the Host from requiring any sort of payment outside of the website. However, my understanding is that it is perfectly okay for the Host to offer extra services in exchange for cash payment so long as guests are not REQUIRED to participate. As in, I can offer an extra service in exchange for a cash fee (helping them carry their luggage, for example); the guest isn't required to pay for it, in which case I'm not required to provide the extra service. Is that correct? Or, is that also a violation of the Terms of Service and I've just misunderstood?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Replies 0