Very simple solution for reviews and Superhost

Bert-and-Marianne0
Level 2
Setubal, Portugal

Very simple solution for reviews and Superhost

I have been reading on the community regarding Superhost evaluation, new rules and reviews.

While there is such a very simpel solution for all this.

I work with Avaibook, a channel manager that also collects reviews. They know that there will always be guests that lie, use lackmail or are unthruthfull, it is part of our world we live in these days. The solution for this is that Avaibook came op with:

You, as a host, can refuse 15% of the reviews if you think they are dishonnest or fake.
Meaning that always 85 % of the reviews are placed, overall score might go up a bit but it is a much better comparison for all.

I think this would solve all the problems on all review websites.

10 Replies 10
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I have always thought that at least say 1/20 of reviews a host should be able to be wiped out, not too much to ask when you consider that about 10 percent (1/10) of the world's population are totally "nuts". LOL

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Bert-and-Marianne0  AirBnB will never agree to anything like that. Look how hard they make it to remove a review that is clearly retaliatory or completely full of lies you can prove are not true. I also agree with @Fred13  un that we as hosts should be allowed to remove 1 review maybe per quarter or something along those lines, but I don't see it ever happening on AirBnB.

Bert-and-Marianne0
Level 2
Setubal, Portugal

Well I made the feedback to them. It would be stupid for Airbnb not to listen to all what is written here by hosts. They will loose thousends of hosts this way.

Bert-and-Marianne0
Level 2
Setubal, Portugal

Besides that, we do run our own websites and clients who do come back always book directly with us. And on our wesite will be the badge of Avaibook with the real score.
I would advise each and every one to have your own website, even if it is just one page, the best promotion is mouth to mouth, We use the platforms more to attrack new guests. Those who love it come back and book directly.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Bert-and-Marianne0  They get thousands of new hosts everyday, they don't care. For every host that leaves or ends up losing too much money to stay because they followed AirBnB's ridiculous pricing suggestions they get more than a few new host. The AirBnB hosting side is oversaturated to the point that it effects your ability to get booked at a reasonable rate more times than not. I will not lower my pricing to a point that I am going to attract the guests that discounted pricing brings, but many do. They not only get lower amounts of money from more guests booking with more wear and tear, but crappy pricky guests that give bad reviews because all their demands were not achieved by the hosts. 

Bert-and-Marianne0
Level 2
Setubal, Portugal

That´s of course completely true. We have stopped years ago trying to get guests for low prices, they are never satisfied. They expect a 5 star hotel for the money of a camping place and are always dissapointed.

We ourselves had not been on holiday for 10 years, until last year, because we invested the money in our rural tourism meaning that if you do not have the money, do not go on holidays but save money until you can afford the holiday you want.

Jytte0
Level 4
Melbourne, Australia

Fortunately we have not had any really bad reviews (as yet).

BUT I know it is likely to happen at some stage. Not because of something we did, or not did, or something we said, but just because someone may have had a Shi**y day, where the kids played up and the husband went walk about and left the wife to pack the car and get ready (or vice versa!)

And I agree, that all hosts should be allowed to have 1 in 10 reviews removed.

With the way the system is set up at the moment, for a Superhost, a bad review can be detrimental, even when you have plenty of good reviews already. This could mean that you loose your Superhost, and for some Superhosts that may mean swapping to another provider. YET Airbnb benefit greatly from  the Superhosts. With less problems, higher standard, more bookings, etc. etc. SUPPORT, SUPPORT, SUPPORT! 

Airbnb the ball is in your court! ☛

Lets come up with some WIN-WIN solutions.... 🙏 🤝 👏🏽 🤩

Jytte (=Utah)
Your Friendly Airbnb Host
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

thumb up for this idea!

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

Given that the review system(s) Airbnb comes up with appear to be designed in part to manipulate and control hosts, as well as to 'cull' and weed out hosts (even if unfairly) as the market becomes overly saturated, I doubt that they will implement such a sensible solution. 

Hi everyone,

I have just lost my superhost status due to one three star review. This was given by someone who stayed one night. Her public feedback was OK but privatly she pointed out about five things, some of which were just incorrect and others that were purely a matter of opinion. For example, she said there was no soap and while it is true there was none in the shower itself, there was a full box of six bars on the shelf in the bathroom. Ditto for warm blankets in the bedroom, the cupboard was full of them. 

She said the lights in living area are outdated and should be replaced, when there are floor lamps as well as those lights. I checked her reviews and found she had recently been in dispute with a host.

Some people are simply vexatious and like to wield influence wherever they can, even if not justified. 

I have suggested to Airbnb that they need to remove outlying reviews. In this case I would have lost the three star (all others were five or four stars) and I would have also lost one five star. That way I would have made the rating.

I think it is wrong that there is no review process for this as there are certainly penalties for losing superhost status.  Cheers