WEBSITE GLITCHES!

Monica4
Level 10
Ormstown, Canada

WEBSITE GLITCHES!

I don't mean to shout but Airbnb's lack of site maintenance or IT management is making it impossible to manage my listing properly. Perhaps it's time for the community to start demanding better site management.

1. This morning I cannot access my calendar after May to change the rates for the summer. It tells me that the page won't load and to try again later.

2. I still cannot remove pre-approvals.

3. Two weeks ago I kept being redirected to a site called "Dummy.com" whenever I tried to manage my photos. It took Airbnb almost a week to correct the issue.

4. My android app has not worked for a year.

Any other problems?

8 Replies 8
Luis-and-Tati0
Level 10
New York, NY

Hi @Monica4

I think we all have problems and recommendations...
AirBnB is lacking of better management in all aspects... What most concerns me now is hosts not being able to properly hold the security deposit and not being paid for claims at the resolution center, even when we follow all requests and we have security deposit in place….

Regarding your Android App problem… Have you tried to wipe clean the cache?? It resolved my promem more than once…

Airbnb is becoming a “Perpetual Beta” system… Nothing is ever 100% ready, and everything is always on test…
Airbnb is growing too fast so are the problems and difficulties… Perhaps when this growth slow down or revert we will see some big improvements…

Luis

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Monica4

Today on the forum:

1. Same as you regarding calendar beyond May.
  2. Listings disappear into thin air.
  3. Pricing glitch when making a change that includes weekly reduction.
  4. Reservations not possible even though calendar days are open.
  5. Unable to send special offer.

This morning for me personally:

No access link to community center

No airbnb contact details at the bottom of my itinerary (as an airbnb guest).

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Dates blocking and unblocking automatically

Messages from guests not coming through

The list of bugs on this site is pretty endless

Geoff1
Level 5
Robe, Australia

Posted my thoughts on problems yesterday. It is becoming increasingly frustrating for hosts. I am certain this is resonating through to the management. The improvements will take time it is a massive task to update and develop the web platform. That is the benefit of having the Community available, to provide a direct conduit of what is happening at the "coal face" so it can be maintained as anefficient operation for all. Happy Hosting 🙂

Wendy61
Level 1
Kihei, HI

I had three airbnb units.  Two private studios and a guest room.  Beautiful places, and I was getting five stars for them all!  But airbnb started having a few glitches.  First of all, guests couldn't book them.  When they tried to put in their payment method, airbnb wouldn't let them continue.  : (   This happened a few times.  

Then the wrong amount started showing up on my listings.  Anywhere from 48.00, which I have NEVER put in as price, to 178.00, which I have NEVER put in for a price!  I didn't know of this until I went literally weeks without a booking, which was very unusual for me, since I was pretty much always booked in all my places.  I had to remove the cleaning fee after a while, because it started adding that to my nightly fee as well. : (  

It was so bad I had to give up two of my beautiful units because I had so few reservations I couldn't pay the rent anymore!!  My son and I had to move out of our home because I wasn't getting any business.  Airbnb's glitches literally cost us our home!!  I called them at least a dozen times, and was always promised they would fix the problem.  Finally, I spoke to someone in Portland who actually knew what she was doing, but too late.  We have already gone under. 

Terry27
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi tonight I have had exactly the same problems with trying to rearange my photos and dummy.com keeps opening up !Does anyone know a cure for this please,Thanks Terry

Linette2
Level 1
Washington, DC

It is now January 2017.   Now suddenly the website is running incredibly slow.   They seem to have added a lot of new graphics, not sure if that is the culprit.  When I try to reply to guests, I have to type EXTREMELY SLOWLY.   As if it is searching while I am typing.  Very annoying.   It makes replying very difficult.  And here I can type at a very fast pace!   So strange.     And the same thing happens when I type in a city I want to travel to.   If I type at a normal pace, all of the letters get mixed up or dropped off.   This is a relatively new phenomena.