Wet bed and matress not pee

Nancy621
Level 2
Montreal, Canada

Wet bed and matress not pee

Hey guys, so this is what happened, i need to know what to do.. 😕 A guy no reviews said he had a marriage near me and was going to drink and wanted to stay here so he wouldnt drive and better cheaper then hotel. any how, I accepted. he then went to say he would be here to drop there things with his girlfriend at 2pm leave and be back late. I have no problem with that. I was gone all day and also arrived late. they had the code and I didnt even see them come in. the day of I realised he book one, but messaged about him and his girlfriend so i ask if they were both sleeping. Bokking was changed to 2.

Now in the morning they kind of tippy toed out. No idea what they both looked like exept for the picture on his profil.

When I got to the room... oh boy! all the sheet! ALL on the floor. I thought maybe the wanted to be nice and help. since I do clean everything but still dont think anyone would usually do that even if you know the sheets are getting cleaned.

But then. I grab them and they are soaked!!!! To be honest I think it might have been female ejaculation but I cant confirm. Also someone or both took a shower, didnt take the towel I had left them and walked to the room.

I am wondering if they might have just took a shower and dried up in my bed sheets. Which ever it is. i would rather the shower one. but I did notice some light yellow lines but just around the wet part. which may be normal.

what I forgot to do is takes pictures! When i realised they were already soaked in water and soap. There was NO SMELL 

But it did manege to pass through to the matress a little and needed to wash the whole bed. every sheet, duvet cover wet, duvet a little wet. water drops on the floor and wet in the washroom. he didnt write anything to me and I didnt either. 

what should I do?

ask him what happened what it was? call abb? ask money? I dont have pictures 😞 bad review? im upside down.. sucks that someone would disrespect someone elses house.

I will go buy a cover for the matress and get the matress steamed cleaned and all

Thanks guys xo

10 Replies 10
Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Reminds me to install a better mattress protector. Maybe spray it with some animal  enzyme / urine remover ? 

I have are had guests dump wet towels on bed, although that is more obvious.

On a positive note it's not bed bugs...

Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Pete28 No - they drowned.....

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Gillian19, lol. For ALL reasons, a waterproof mattress protector is what goes on the bed before any other layers. Every time. You can wash everything else, but a mattress is far too expensive not to protect. Guessing they had a great time. Wash wash wash.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Waterproof mattress protector is a MUST in each short term rental. The best is if you have one which protect all sides .

People vomit,  have sex, sweat, drink in bed, kids pee,... and they will never tell you why your bedding is wet. You have to discover it by yourself and can only guess is it just a water or something else. Some of them will even try to hide it.

Guests attending weddings are the worst guests. At least one of them allways get drunk.

And no, you will not be refunded for extra cleaning 😞

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Nancy621 well, it also might be they stained the bedding with fluids/blood and immediately knew to soak it and remove the stains...........and they tried washing the stuff off the mattress.

A great mattress protector is a MUST - always - so many young couples seem to be leaving behind their fluids - after one bad episode I was so happy for my really great mattress protector - I have two of them and have put them both on for some couples.....better safe. 

I'm sure it is embarrassing and so nothing is said. I would NOT ask guest what it is. If they were good guests otherwise, I might just in the review - private one, say you were perplexed with all the bedding and mattress being wet. And not say anything else. My guess is you will not get a review from him or anything else.  Chalk it up to hosting and you will need to build in small amount for extra sheets and such as you will probably have to dispose of some occasionally. Hotels just throw em out I'm told. 

Happy Hosting. 

So i should review them? 

I am not sure if i would host them again.

If i give them a review and they dont give me one it still goes on there profil? 

Took me so much time to clean. 

They have have vomited and cleaned it... makes sence .. 

Ruth175
Level 3
Antarctica

Wellcome to the 'perfect guests' club https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Perfect-guests-100/m-p/806806#M193581

Do not bother to review them. They will just dump existing account and create new for next perfect trip. Reviews are just part of hypocrisy as any other BS about sharing economy.

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Nancy621 Did they vomit and it is evident?? Is that what took all the cleaning? 

You need to be ready for alot of stains, fluids and such.............cause sex happens esp. with trips, drinking and drugs. 

A clear indicator or hint that there are stains/fluids is when they strip the bedding - and fold it up all nice....I had it just this morning - they are lovely guests. She's had 9 great reviews and I will give her a great review too. They were having a great time, drinking, watching movies, beach all day and obviously sex - and almost just like what you described the folded sheets were very lightly stained and damp - when I put them in the water to soak - the smell hit...............also went onto the mattress protector. I can stand anything but the smell.............yuck.

So I soaked em all and washed and all is fine. 

It is part of hosting - So don't think they are gross cause they are having sex and messing up the bed. NOW if they have massive blood stains and fluids and let it soak and dry for 4 days and everything has to be trashed  - sheets, duvet cover, comforter, pillow cases - that is different - I had it once. 

Always check the linens cause those stains will stay forever if you haven't soaked them correctly.

Vinegar, cold water, dawn, Oxy, hydrogen perxiode - these work great. 

my take on it all - 

actually they didnt fold it. it was just in a huge ball on the floor and on the bed.

They could have tried and cleaned the sheets though that may be what it was. 

Now that I am thinking of that, it was kind of nice of them. 

I just wish they could have left a note or wrote to me after wards.

I am no a judgy personne I would understand. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nancy621   You might want to put a little notice in the guest quarters or in your manual, if you have one.

"Dear guests, if bedding or towels become stained or you accidently get any human or other waste on them, please notify me immediately so that I can change them out for you, advise if I wish you to pre-treat, or that I will deal with them ASAP according to my laundry remedies.  No need to be embarrassed, we are all human. Attempts to clean them yourselves, while understandably responsible in a guest's mind, often results in the items having to be replaced. Thank you for your cooperation."

It's obviously nicer for a host not to have to deal with other's vomit, for instance, so if the guest cleans the vomit off first and rinses the sheet out, would be good, but at that point it would be good for you to be able to collect the wet items and launder them before stains set in or they start to mildew due to being wet.