What is the Airbnb definition of Defamation?

Philippa20
Level 2
England, GB

What is the Airbnb definition of Defamation?

I have received the following review "Don't trust communication, and be prepared to have money taken from you for previouse guests damage, I was charged fir their poor maintenance, and cheap ikea furniture, which isn't up to the job of rentals."

ALL of my communication with this guest was via Airbnb (I have not met him) and proves this is lies. He has repeated these lies on his own profile.

Airbnb have responded "At no time, this type of commentary can impact your reputation and your honor".

I understand that a reviewer's opinions are protected speech under the First Amendment, but FALSE STATEMENTS OF FACT are not protected.

This is just yet another example of Airbnb's atrocious treatment of the very people who bring in their money - the HOSTS.

1 Reply 1
Philippa20
Level 2
England, GB

I would just like to add that he also gave me 1 star (overall), despite the fact he gave me 3 five stars plus a 4,3 and 2 star in the details. I have been a Superhost for over 2 years and ALL of my reviewers have so far given me an overall rating of 5 stars.