What review should i give a guest if i expect a bad review from her?

Marwan0
Level 3
Madaba, Jordan

What review should i give a guest if i expect a bad review from her?

I had a guest (7pax) for one night stay at my family house, she called me at 1:30 am saying that the smoke alarm in the kitchen went off by itself and there was no fire. Also she said that could not reach the alarm to reset it because the ceiling was too high ( 5.2 Meters = 17 foot). So, i told her that if she had the gas heaters on in the bedrooms then it must be the carbon monoxide alarm. The combined alarm (smoke & Co1) is also installed in the bedroom but did not go off, so i told her to ventilate all the house just incase. I went to see them in following morning as checking out time was at 8:30 am, the Lady was complaining that she was so sick, dizzy and nauseous. But when i got to the kitchen, i found out that someone was burning a frankincense in an ashtray just below the Alarm sensor. When i told her that this was the cause of the alarm, she replied " Oh ... no this was burnt this early morning".

Up until now she did not claim for refund, but i believe that she might leave me some bad review. I will not be able to see her review before i submit mine. Please advice me what to do ? 

4 Replies 4
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Marwan0  If it were me I would separate the issues of her review and yours entirely. The only thing you should focus on is giving an honest review of her as a guest, regardless of what she may or may not write about you. You always have the opportunity to respond to what she says in her review, so don’t worry about it until the time comes.

Just focus on what you think is important for other hosts to know about this guest. Was she clean and tidy? Did she obey your house rules? Perhaps mention a minor misunderstanding to do with burning incense near the smoke alarm, if you think she’s likely to do this again in other listings.

@Ben551 Thanks a lot for your advice, i do appreciate your help. In general, it pays to be kind to guests no matter how they behave, God bless

Marwan0
Level 3
Madaba, Jordan

@Ben551 The inevitable had happened, Please have a look at my profile to see the reiew that the nice lady had to leave me.

Also, she sent a nasty report to Airbnb, and they had deactivated my account until i bring a certificate that the house has no gas leakage. 

Jayne84
Level 2
Ste. Genevieve, MO

At least there was no injury. You did what you could you can always cover you're a .. and let air bnb know.