Where is my share of $250million compo to hosts?

Jozie2
Level 2
Port Alberni, Canada

Where is my share of $250million compo to hosts?

I did have at least 17 reservations cancelled due to Covid19, fitting criteria dates of AirBnB 250 million compensation package to hosts. My potential sum of cancelled reservation percentage may be $200 or more-less. I did not see any money deposited to my account as described on page. AirBnB specifies not to inquire about this compensation with community leaders and accounting etc.... so I was hoping that money will arrive in July, but nothing was paid.  I fit into March 15 to end of June, all reservation were made prior to Covid19 crisis, so I am eligible. Where to turn to get this compensation paid up?

I was so proud of this company, telling my friends how we will be getting help in sharing in compensation money. That was then. Now, I am bitter, seeing there is no support, nobody to talk to, basically we are on our own with everything. This compensation and theft of my shoes by guest as I wrote elsewhere about that one. Nothing and double nothing.  I feel left out, abandoned.

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jozie2  Unless you've changed it recently, I see that you have a flexible cancellation policy.  If it was flexible when you got all the COVID cancellations, then you were not eligible for any of that compensation. The compensation was 25% of what you would have received had your cancellation policy been upheld. Guests would normally have received a full refund if cancelling 24 hours before check-in on a flexible policy, so Airbb didn't refund your guests in violation of your policy.