Why is this website SO SLOW?!

Answered!
Isabelle-Gerry0
Level 8
New York, NY

Why is this website SO SLOW?!

Airbnb's website/platform is one of the worst I've experienced. 

It feels like every time I click on something I have to walk away for coffee and by the time I come back, I forget what I was doing! It's SO slow. The calendar is a mess. The pricing is a mess. I have to click through a bunch of things to get to something so basic. And sometimes... I'll update prices and availability... and hit save and..... IT WON'T SAVE.

😐 You'd think a billion (??) dollar business would be able to have a website that works. And the burden of the torture is on the hosts which is probably why they don't care to fix it all these years.

1 Best Answer
David2129
Level 5
San Diego, CA

I also experience very slow responses to any actions I take on the site. I've never seen a modern website with such a sluggish response. It feels like dial-up days.

View Best Answer in original post

146 Replies 146
Rent-In-USA0
Level 1
Surfside, FL

Amazing how they have not addressed this considering this post is from 2018... Time for a new player when the incumbents get lazy. 

Lukas204
Level 1
Surat Thani, TH

Hardest platform to use, ever. Non-intuitive design, finding how to change something in a listing description is a pain even after _years_ of using it -- especially when you have to waaaaaittt soooooo loooong after clicking anything.

Hi Lukas204, You are soooo right, we need to talk to someone here in Japan at Air Bnb in order to offer a  returning guest a special deal because it's just so clunky, reminds me of Sony software.

Wendy1043
Level 2
Edwards, CO

SPINNING WHEEL OF DEATH IS THE DEFINITION OF AIRBNB'S SITE

Wendy1043
Level 2
Edwards, CO

SLOWEST INTERFACE EVER

UX EXPERIENCE VERY POOR

Ryan63
Level 9
Packwood, WA

All I can do is pile on, with the hope that someone's paying attention.  They're on AWS, but they obviously selected the bronze service tier.  Since they still can't seem to turn a profit, I wouldn't expect improvements anytime soon.  

Ryan63
Level 9
Packwood, WA

Follow up: I've been trying for two days to download an earnings summary for tax filing purposes.  I get "internal server error" and the too-cute-by-half "oops" graphic every single time.  I've lost count of how many times I've tried to get that document already, to no avail. 

Filing taxes is a tedious enough exercise without Airbnb's crippled web stack making it impossible for me to download critical documents.  Totally infuriating.  Worse, Airbnb has -nothing- to say about this to those of us who drive the business and suffer with this glacial website.  

Hello Ryan63,

Is there a landline you can actually call or even email someone your problems? You are a customer who is putting money in their pocket!

Alex-And-Rhea0
Level 10
Hakuba, Japan

Could it be that there is something like 4 million people staying at an Airbnb place every night?

Hey, what do I know?

Becky359
Level 2
Denver, CO

Omg. As a host I am absolutely SICK of how painfully slow this website is. It really does cause flashbacks to dial-up days where I would keep a book at my desk to read while waiting for websites to load, except now I just open other websites and get other things done while I'm waiting for single AirBnB page to load. How are they not embarrassed at how awful this is? I mean, really? It's TWENTY-TWENTY, GUYS. Oh and btw, this thread is two years old now. Get your **bleep** together.

Seamus16
Level 2
Taos, NM

Slower now than ever. 2020.02.21

Why AirBnB doesn't care. It is one of the most frustrating experience trying to update new pricing for my unit. Booking.com, vrbo web sites are much faster therefore I think many condo owners will be leaving AirBnB soon. 

MnM0
Level 2
Santa Monica, CA

VERY SLOWWWW!!! WTF this is a huge company and their site has sucked for years. why is it so slow!!!!!

Very much with agree with all these comments! However, I think it is obvious Air BnB does not monitor these forums or at least care about this thread.  They only way a change will occur is if you report it at 1 (855) 424-7262.  I talked to support about this and they acted like no one else has reported it (or at least called in about it). So give them a call and lets get this addressed!

I talked to them too and they pretended it was a totally new issue. Then they escalated it and said "Sorry, is there anything else we can help you with?"

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 4.47.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 4.44.34 PM.png