Zurich cleaning fees #zurich

Michele80
Level 1
Zurich, Switzerland

Zurich cleaning fees #zurich

Dear swiss hosts!

Cleaning ladies fly 35 CHF/hr in Zurich, the world's most expensive city. Also, they typically don't come for less than 2h. Sites like bookatiger.com even start from 2.5h up. This makes the *real* cost of cleaning a flat for a host 70-90 CHF each time. (And let alone how hard it is to find reliable ones..)

I see that most hosts in Zurich request 20 CHF like in other parts of the world, many even have zero cleaning charge. I set my rate at 35 CHF, took the (substantial) difference on me, and mitigated as follows:

- restrict to bookings of 3 days or longer

- raised the day price some 5-10 CHF (from 60 to 70 for a full flat, doesn't seem crazy to me)

The result is that I get some 20% less bookings (most people do weekend stays, not half-week), and that I got lower ratings on "value" (3s and 4s).

How do you address the problem?

cheers 🙂

michele

4 Replies 4
Dede0
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Michele80 -- I'm not a Swiss host (I'm in Austin, Texas), but here are some thoughts...

We clean our apartment ourselves most of the time. When we *don't* do it ourselves, using a service costs us 2X or 3X what we actually charge guests ($25 USD). Raising either our nightly rate or our cleaning fee would result in far fewer bookings.

We just have one listing, and while I can't say that I enjoy doing the cleaning, I do enjoy knowing that we do a better job than any hired service, and I do enjoy the overwhelmingly positive reviews we receive. And I don't see any other way to remain a successful and profitable listing.

Barbara45
Level 3
Basel, Switzerland

Hi Michele

I host in Basel, and I have a cleaning lady (CHF 35 per hour) that comes once a week for 2 hours, when new guests arrive I clean the bathroom, kitchen and their room (if a guest was in there after the last time the cleaning lady came), this keeps my cost down and it doesn't require a lot of time from me to do the intermittent cleaning. My guests without exception have so far given me 5 stars for cleanliness and even mentioned it in their reviews. I do not charge extra for cleaning but calculate it into the room price and it is still quite a competitive price.

Cheers

Barbara

M-F-0
Level 1
Zurich, Switzerland

Hi

have good cleaners And They do for 25 fr p h

just contact me 

Lukas21
Level 1
Zürich, Switzerland

Hi

I'm interested in who does the cleaning for you in Zürich. Can you please provide me some details?

Thanks  🙂