cancellations

Barbara430
Level 1
Havana, Cuba

cancellations

Hello few days ago, I checked my transaction history and I was amazed when I saw that they had me discounted 100 dollars for cancellation fees, but I have not canceled any reservation for these dates. I am from Cuba, and I would like to know with who discuss about my payment. Thank you.

3 Replies 3
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Barbara430

Hi Barbara, your review page says that you did cancel a guests confirmed booking 8 days before arrival. Although there is not a date to this automated posting it does sit in with your recent reviews and look recent, possibly December.

Unfortunately a financial penalty is one of the crosses a host has to bare when they cancel a confirmed guests reservation. The system is automated and does not take into account circumstance, it just registers that you accepted responsibility for the cancellation!

Here is the relevant rule Barbara......

Host cancellation penalties.png

In future try to work with the guest and Airbnb before taking a decision to cancel a confirmed booking......there are other ways around this problem but, it appears this is the aftermath of what happens when you cancel! Sooner or later it will catch up with you.

Cheers.....Rob

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Adam
Adam

David
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@David126 Yeah, that's the one....it's pretty specific David, isn't it....not too many ways you can interpret that!

Cheers....Rob