changing price in base of the number of the guests

Answered!
Paola272
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

changing price in base of the number of the guests

Hello to every one,

I was wondering why the price that I've set up for the double room which I'm renting out on airbnb doesn't change in base of the number of the guests.

In few words, I would like to know if I can manage the price differently if I will have requests of booking from one or two person.

In my opinion is not right charge the same price for only one person (which is too expensive) or for two person (which is too cheap).

I've tried to find a good price who could meet half way this two different cases so far but would it be much more better manage it on my own.

There is any chance to do it so?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

1 Best Answer
Dario66
Level 2
Bar, Montenegro

Hi Paola 😉

I also have the same problem, and here is my insight:

The way I see how this can be done is to set your double room price to the price per 1 person (ex. find the lowest price you are willing to accept for 1 person).

Than, go to the Calendar -> Extra charges and currency -> tick Additional guests, for each guest after 1, and put the price in "Additional guests" (usually 5 to 10 value or whatever you come up with).

If your price per 1 person is 15, for 2 would be 25 if you set 10value in Additional Guests price.

You can also pretend that 1 person is 2(since he will occupy the bed that's for two and set "for each guest after 2". 

It is not perfect but it will do fine 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

11 Replies 11
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Paola272,

You can set an extra charge for the second person.

Set your base room rate for one person, then set a charge for an extra person.

Go to your calendar and click on "Pricing settings".then click on "Extra charges and currency".

Then click on "Additional guests" and enter a charge for the second person.

Leave the "For each guest after" setting at 1.

If you add an extra charge for the second person it will not change the price for bookings that you already have. It will apply only to new bookings received after you make the change.

Steve.

Paola272
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for your message!

The main thing is that I don't know how to set my base room rate for only one person!

Once I'll understand how to set it up I can follow your advace and add an additional charge for the second person.

Do you know where exactly I have to go in my profile?

Cheers,

Paola

Hello @Paola272,

Whatever price you set for your room is the price for one person provided you also set an extra person charge for each person after the first.

For example, go to your calendar and click on "Pricing settings" and then click on "Nightly price" and in the "Base price" box set a price of, say £20

Then click on "Extra charges and currency" and select "Additional guests" and set £10 for each guest after 1.

This means that your charge is £20 for one person but £30 if two people book.

You can set a different price for specific dates like festivals or holidays by clicking on those dates and entering a price.

You can set custom prices for specific weeks, months or weekends by exploring the options in "Discounts" and "Extra charges and currency".

These will also be the price for 1 person with your additional guest charge added if two book.

Steve.

Hi Steve..need help.

i change the base price but it is not reflected on my listing in the short future(about within 9 months) but after that its changed.

if i done manually in the calendar, i can not change the number of people stay and the charged associated with.

Look to your news.

regards,Ben

Dario66
Level 2
Bar, Montenegro

Hi Paola 😉

I also have the same problem, and here is my insight:

The way I see how this can be done is to set your double room price to the price per 1 person (ex. find the lowest price you are willing to accept for 1 person).

Than, go to the Calendar -> Extra charges and currency -> tick Additional guests, for each guest after 1, and put the price in "Additional guests" (usually 5 to 10 value or whatever you come up with).

If your price per 1 person is 15, for 2 would be 25 if you set 10value in Additional Guests price.

You can also pretend that 1 person is 2(since he will occupy the bed that's for two and set "for each guest after 2". 

It is not perfect but it will do fine 🙂

Paola272
Level 1
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hi Dario,

thanks a lot for your answer!

As I said to Steve too, your solution would be great but I don't know how to set up the base room rate for only one person!

Do you know how to do it?

I remember when I used to reant out another room time ago, it was actually automatic!

Thank you again,

Paola

Eszter17
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

If a host doesn't do this, is it appropriate to adjust the price outside Airbnb?

I'm trying to book a place for 2 people. I set in the search that there are 2 guests so I expected that the prices will reflect the same. But the place I found had something in the listing like "the price is for 1 person, if there are more people I will send you the price". I'm confused as to whether it's acceptable. I'd like to know exactly what the price is before I send a request! Is this host legit or not?

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Eszter17 the price can't be modified outside Airbnb. Does the price change when you select 1 or 2 guests accordingly? 

Actually, as a host you can always make a "special offer" within airbnb , lowering or raising the price for whatever reason.
So yes, this can be done within airbnb and is legit. The wording "I will send you the price" can be done within airbnb.

Just ask the host what the new price will be.

Sorry just trying to set my pricing today, so that 1-2 guests is one rate and then each additional person is charged £30 per person extra.  I am have tried base price but see no where to add additional charges per peron, same with smart pricing.  Desperate to go live but cannot without this.

thanks, 

Janice

Hi Janice

Sorry I can't help you as I have exactly the same problem!  Seems very fundamental to hosting on Airbnb so no idea why it's not straight forward!  Waiting in the chat queue.....

Hope  you get sorted soon, best wishes.