complaint against airbnb

Answered!
Beefy0
Level 5
Nature's Valley, South Africa

complaint against airbnb

I am getting seriously **bleep** off with airbnb.

Firstly, it is impossible - as far as I can find to contact them directly to lodge my complaint. It is like trying to find your way through a maze. Most user unfriendly. Secondly, my complaint is the number of emails I get all related to one booking. Everything is already done, dusted and confirmed with guests and I still get on average of 4 emails afterwards stating my time to respond is running out etc. etc.  Grrrrrrrrr - I am seriously thinking of cancelling my arrangement with airbnb if only I knew how? 

*[Profanity hidden –in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This content is in our Archive board.

You can still access it if you have the link but it won't appear when you search the Community Center.

To ask a new question in the Community Center, please click:

Stephanie_0-1677152405466.png

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

View Best Answer in original post

329 Replies 329
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Richard1353 I am sorry you had to deal with that. You have a great property but since you are a remote host maybe you could screen potential guests better and invest in outdoor security cameras, which you will fully disclose on your listing. That would potentially minimize the risk of guests that book for other purposes. You are the only one responsible for keeping your home safe and Airbnb or any other company will never be as invested as you. You should buy a proper insurance, I guess you already have but just to mention it. And the employee had no right to be disrespectful in that way. I hope you weren't disrespectful too since not you or her will get to any agreement with fighting.

Willis4
Level 1
Las Pinas, Philippines

I too have had my fill of Airbnb.  I recently completed a trip to Europe and tried, for the first time, to book with Airbnb.  Of the ten nights I made reservations, four cancelled on me at the last minute. For two nights I stayed in an absolute dump with dirty linens laying around, dirty and the host was terrible, unresponsive and rude. Two nights were good. That is 20% approval. After such bad experience with the other nights reservations, I had to cancel and use booking.com. never again will I use Airbnb. 

Jane1087
Level 1
Austin, TX

They are absolute crooks, in my opinion and are unable to review facts and when guest damages or steal from you, they offer no help.

what the hell so they take a deposit for?

i am over $1000 in damages, have sent them photos and they refuse to respond.

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

If you read thru this thread it's clear that neither guests nor hosts can count on airbnb sorting out any issues-I am a super host getting ready to snooze for good- I have had outstanding guests & I provide outstanding service. There are great hosts out there with lovely listings and great potential guests but with no screening process and a system that is weighted toward anonymity everyone must do serious research and also be lucky. That isn't a sustainable business model. The original concept was fabulous, the execution these days is abysmal. What a shame, Sally

Shanshan4
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

airbnb is robbery!!!

I have booked a trip with my friends through airbnb, her son had accident at night (he wetted bed), the owner requested 50 as cleaning fee. after he changed his mind want to change a new mattress as 550. I have provide all the communication evidence to the resolution center with agent Bailey. L. called twice with airbnb to explain the situation requested to talk to the agent. the customer service only able to add note but the agent is never reachable!!! after one week, i only had one email exchange with this agent. the decision was charge me full amount 550. the 249 security deposit was taken right after i received email for the agent, and remaining 301 was require to be paid within 48h, the email has not show any detail of the decision making. on top of all i realized from the time of exchanging email, this agent is not even located in canada!!! if you make research of airbnb, you will find this company has so much problem with host and guess, they take the money from the credit cart if there is issue. endless to finish any problem! don't use it! moreover the claim agent are not local, they won't make any local sense to resolve your issue. they are there to process and taking your money from your account!!!

Kelly863
Level 1
Andover, NY

Most UNRELIABLE false advertising SCAM site EVER! Take your money instantly for a rental then tell you it's not really available then tell you it will take 2**bleep**ing weeks to get your money refunded! VRBO  same **bleep**!They both need a GIANT LAWSUIT for FALSE ADVERTISING!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kelly863,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to stay in the home you booked. I can understand how annoying that must be.

Have you received your refund yet?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Wendy784
Level 2
Mojácar, Spain

I will add to how they make their huge profits. They keep your money!!! I booked an apt with Airbnb ( first mistake). pd 150.00 euro deposit in Feb. I did not know the host actually does not recieve any money until you have check out. In the mean time my card that I paid the deposit with was not valid any longer, bank issue. So lovely Airbnb cancelled my reservation 5 days before I am to arrive. They did not try to contact me , just mearly cancelled and to make them selves feel better, they offered to re deposit the funds to a credit card that no longer exists. So the funds will be returned to them, and they know it. So more money for them. 

@Wendy784  Actually hosts get paid 24 hours after the guest checks in, not after they check out.

I'm sorry you are having this problem, but really, it was your responsibility to make sure your credit card was valid as you knew there was another payment to be charged. But they should have contacted you about it before cancelling your reservation to give you an opportunity to enter a new credit card #.

Have you contacted Airbnb to inform them of a new credit card to refund your $ to?

To be fair you don't know the whole circumstances, the card was NOT invalid!! The issuing bank had a security breach, nothing to do with me. They changed the card not me. I did not make the card invalid. So sorry, I couldn't have possibly known that the card was invalid until someone tried to use it. It would have been nice to be given the opportunity to enter a new card # . 

Part 2 is that they say they can not refund to a card that was not used for the booking, only the card that was used. 

@Wendy784 Well, of course I didn't know the whole circumstances, I could only respond to the information you gave. Have you talked to the credit card company or the bank? Sometimes if your credit card expires, or in this case, the bank cancelled it due to a security breach, they will often just move any credit sent to the old card number to the new one. Maybe if you explain to your bank officer the circumstances, they can arrange that for you.

That said, it's certainly ridiculous and wrong that Airbnb won't refund to the new card.

I am happy to see that I am not the only one who has been scammed by airbnb.  They are the last people able to help with anything and do not respond, not deal with any issues raised.  I cannot believe I used a service that has zero help.  Families go to a foreign country with children and are dependent on  a service provider only to be ignored. What can be done???

Since the 30st of June I'm telling airbnb that:

- I don't want double bookings (it took them 3 weeks to find out that I had another profile and that caused me double bookings), and tonight there was another couple with the wrong profile.

- I've spent many hours on the phone and email to solve this out.

- I want to get paid.

- I want to charge a couple €40,- a night. 

- I've told this all about 500 times in different languages. 

Cq0
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

This is the worst service known to man.  I have tried to use this service twice and both of my reservations have been cancelled by the host, with no explanation nor understandable reason.  And let’s face it, The customer service and support team is a complete joke.  In any rational person’s mind, their job is to assess the situation and do everything in the power to accommodate the guest and work with their network to ensure that the guest finds a similar accommodation - in price and quality. No!  They send you **bleep**ty listings and then get an attitude when you don’t like what they’ve recommended. This company is trash and I’m screaming it from the mountaintops.  This service is terrible. 

Kat84
Level 10
San Pedro, Philippines

I occasionally get not so professional customer care agents, but overall Airbnb support is wonderful. Especially in very urgent situations they never let me down. Response time is good compared to other platforms, that might even never answer you. If they do mistakes, at least they can admit and always try to correct. 

If you are calling this company with bad words, then you are going too far. Try to be a partner of Booking and you will see, that only partner, who exists is them.

Host, who mentioned that she has double listing... Really? Now Airbnb is responsible for your double bookings? Waiting for Airbnb to solve your own problem (unless you have a memory loss) instead of spending 20 seconds to turn off your second listing is...mmm not smart decision.