embeddable badges not working

Alpha-Holiday-Cottage0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

embeddable badges not working

Hi, anyone else having problems with embedding their airbnb badge into a website (copy and paste the HTML code from your profile). It worked for me for a long while, but recently i notice that what is displayed on the website is just text and no airbnb icon as described.

thanks for any help on this.

19 Replies 19
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Michelle1420 

The badges never work OK, and if they do, they will stop again working as soon AIrbnb changes website

Beter include your homepage  on a private website (like inside a frame), it provides also nice information, especially when owning multiple listings:

https://www.airbnb.com/users/2655317/listings

Best regards,

Emiel

David3078
Level 2
Rohnert Park, CA

A BETTER WORKAROUND

I think I've found a somewhat better workaround for many of those in this thread. Personally, a simple URL link (or linked logo/CTA button) from my personal website to my Airbnb listing is not an acceptable workaround.

BENEFITSscreenshot-www.casasullapiazza.com-2019.05.27-20-22-18b.png
Once embedded onto your website, the html will render the following (see draft example at right):

~ Pulls in entire slider/carousel of photos from your Airbnb listing for users to scroll through

~ Enables user to instantly favorite or "heart" the listing (if the user is also logged into Airbnb in the same browser)

~ Sources always up-to-date title info, plus number of reviews

~ Clicking anywhere links directly to your Airbnb listing for listing details and checkout

NOTE: This widget does not enable you to display your average star ratings or any reviews which is a huge oversight, IMO. Many Hosts work hard to earn their stars and deserve to showcase their awesomeness! 🤩 

HOW TO GET YOUR EMBED CODE

1. On a computer browser, visit your Airbnb listing page as a visitor/prospective guest

2. Click the "share" button (which appears over your listing's photo carousel

3. Click the "embed" option

4. Copy the html, then paste into your website CMS.

NOTE: Because it's listed publicly on your Aribnb listing page, your listing's widget code is avilable for anyone to copy and embed any website. I'm not sure why Airbnb chose to put it here vs. in a more logical place like the hosting portal like their Help Center article instructs:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/923/how-can-i-share-or-embed-my-listing-on-other-websites.

Hope this helps spare my fellow Hosts the agony and wasted time! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, NOW I MUST RANT...

This bug has been around since at least 2016 and still exists? I mean, it's just a "badge"—a "widget" would actually be a more accurate term. How hard is it to fix an html embed code?

From a business perspective, providing Hosts with these marketing tools actually opens an additional, effective promotional channel which leverages Airbnb's biggest advocates (that would be us hosts!) to convert new Airbnb guests and drive more revenue! If Airbnb doesn't provide tools that work correctly, they're essentially encouraging direct bookings outside of the Airbnb platform.

🤯

This was a big help David!

I'm aslo astonished they can't fix a simple embed code for our reviews we work hard to get.

Thanks for posting this.

David3078
Level 2
Rohnert Park, CA

TEST RESPONSE:

Airbnb keeps deleting my helpful "badge" solution response.

Testing this shorter post without attached photo...

yea and i caanot get pay my money hare block by airbnb im not engineer so i cant understand .

airbnb wont do anything abaout and is mot in the term and conndittions i think airbbnb is in big trouble all app not working in not happy .

i want quit airbnb