guest stayed but never accepted approval. how do i get payed?

Rong0
Level 1
Krabi, Thailand

guest stayed but never accepted approval. how do i get payed?

she is willing to send money to us but i need it to go through airbnb for them to get the surcharge?

4 Replies 4
Louise47
Level 10
Maroochydore, Australia

That sounds like a scam.. A good way of getting out of paying.

they will send money to my account but im worried airbnb wont allow that to happen because they miss the surcharge

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Rong0

Worst case scenario you might just have to write this one off as bitter experience, but all the wiser in the future.

Nobody gets my address as long as their reservation is not confirmed by Airbnb, no matter how sad their story about payment.

That is why Airbnb warns of going around the system and will not support any guest stay not adhering to it, as in your case with the guest.

Sometimes there are problems with guests needing 24h to finalise their payment upon booking, but the booking is meant to start in that time period. Then it's best to state clearly that no matter what payment first, then booking. Too late payment means they cannot enter the accommodation.

This sounds strict, but if you go through the community forum postings you will find many posts regarding this. And there are scammers who use this tactic for free lodging.

ok thank you very much for your reply. i think this one is ok 🙂 no scam the people are very nice and willing to pay us just confused with airbnb