guest wants to cancel, wont and wont respond to messages

Charis7
Level 1
Christiansburg, VA

guest wants to cancel, wont and wont respond to messages

my guest asked to cancel, its a busy football weekend that I want to get booked.  I dont want to cancel it and have that reflect on me, and he isn't responding. I asked if he still wanted to stay? he wont respond to anything.  I dont want him to wait until the last minute to cancel out and then I wont have time to get the weekend booked,  it shouldn't have to relfect on me that I canceled.   

4 Replies 4
Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

You don't need to cancel. Wait for his reply. If he doesn't show you'll get paid anyway so I'd just wait. When is he due to arrive?

You have a flex policy so he could cancel 24 hrs before arrival and get a full refund but let him initiate the cancellation from his end.

@Charis0 wrote:

I dont want him to wait until the last minute to cancel out 

Well, if that's the case, you might want to considder changing your cancellation policy and perhaps set to Moderate for the future.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I agree this is more a function of your cancellation policy.

David
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

It is up to the guest to cancel, if they want to. Their choices are simple: they either do or they don't, no need for a lot of foreplay in the matter. 😉

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Charis7 IF this was IB reservation then this would seem to well fall into the "I'm uncomfortable with this guest" acceptable reason for host free cancellation