how do I make calendar available after cancelling reservation?

Christopher5
Level 1
Los Angeles, California, United States

how do I make calendar available after cancelling reservation?

Hi! 

I had to cancel a reservation because of family matters and I wanted to know if I can make some days available again. 

The reservation was for 27 days, from January 3rd until the 30th, but now the place won't be available after the 22nd. I know after the cancelation, the calendar won't be available for the dates I canceled, but I'd like to know if there's any way I can explain the situation and maybe make it available from the 3rd until the 22nd? 

How can I talk to them?

Thank you! 

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

You can explain your situation to Airbnb and see if they agree that your cancellation was due to extenuating circumstances.  They take a very dim view of host cancellations. You can read more here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/849/extenuating-circumstances-for-host-cancellations

Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

Be very very careful when you cancel a reservation --- it is best when you have a situation like this, to not just go ahead and cancel the guest's reservation on your own, but involve AIrbnb from the start, asking them for help.  THat way, depending on what the family matter is, you may be able to avoid some of the penalties imposed on hosts for cancelling, or to keep some of the days open, as you are trying to do.  

Call up Airbnb customer service for help.  The Airbnb customer SErvice phone number for California is 1-855-424-7262 .  

Lilia973
Level 1
Ontario, Canada

I've cancelled a reservation due to Covid-19 travel restrictions but it still appears on my calendar that those dates are still blocked, how can I show them as available in my calendar?