minimum number of towels per guest per stay?

Ester104
Level 1
Rovinj, Croatia

minimum number of towels per guest per stay?

hello, 

can someone write, as a host - how many towels are REQUIRED by airbnb standards to have in the apartment? 

i'm asking because - we have 4 guests stay a week, and we handed them 8 sets of towels (8 big ones for showering, and 8 hand towels) - and they used ALL of them in 2 days and now asking for more. this never happened before (in 5 years we're hosting). so now we gave them 1 set per person and told them they should take care of them. 

in case they complain - are there any rules of the minimum number of towels per person per stay? if there is a rule that mentions that - please can someone provide the link so i can read it?

thank you. 

4 Replies 4
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Ester104 how did they manage to do that...Anyway I leave 1 towel per person for 2 days, they get new towel each third day. There is no specific requirement from Airbnb as far as I know. 

Thank you Ana, you helped me very much! Sometimes is very demanding handling with guests, not to offend them but also tell them where to stop. Some of them are blackmailing about giving bad review. 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Ester104 

If you check by what airbnb define as essentials you can see..

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2343/what-are-essential-amenities

• One towel per guest  - Recommended quantities of each item depends on the number of guests and the length of their stay

So there is a minimum amount then thereafter it's not defined. 

I think how you have handled the situation is sensible.

Thank you Elena! You helped me very much, I couldn't find response among Abnb rules. Thanks again!