"Experience" hosts - how is it going for you?

Susie5
Level 10
Boston, MA

"Experience" hosts - how is it going for you?

Hello hosts!  I've been an Airbnb host since 2015, and now I've been hosting an Airbnb "experience" for a couple of weeks now.  I would love to chat with others about it. My "experience" is an electric bike tour of Boston and Cambridge (MA) and so far it's going well and I'm enjoying it.  I now have some good reviews so the bookings are rolling in, and I've decided to buy another e-bike to keep up with demand (of course I'll make that money back, someday....!)

I have questions about weather-related cancellations, for example. Today I was meant to host a ride but the weather was awful, and with lightning, I consider it borderline dangerous for biking.  We agreed between us (me and the 3 guests) to delay until Sunday.  But what if I had to cancel?

How is it going for you?  I'd love to start a thread of "experience" hosts. 

One of my current issues is that the Airbnb phone app (Android) is not really up to the task of managing hosting, traveling, and now managing experiences.  I think we need separate apps for hosting and for traveling.  Also it's often hard to find the email or text after receiving a notice that it has arrived - there is a considerable lag between the notification and the body of it actually turning up.  (Is this a setting I can change on my phone, maybe?)

Anyway, if you're out there listening, let's chat!  What issues are you running into? How's it going? 

3 Replies 3
Karolinka0
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

Hi Susie, thanks for this information. I'm also looking at starting an outdoor experience, and I'd be curious to see if anyone else has any opinions to your question. I am just in the submission stage, and I'm wondering...how long did it take before a decision was made by airbnb to approve or deny the submission?

Zappa0
Level 10
Key West, FL

I haven't been able to get it set up. They had to review all my photos which weren't up to their "standards" (outdoor photos kayaking).  Shouldn't be so difficult to get started. 

Same question...Its been more than a month since submission. It sill says "experience under review. Is there any other way to communicate with Air Bnb