reservation changes

reservation changes

Hello. We are new hosts so I have a question. I agreed with the guest to change a reservation. The guest changed it and the difference in price is around 100 euros. Airbnb put a note that we sent a request for changing of reservation and that they are going to contact us when they approve it. I have been waiting for more than a week for approval and nothing yet. Thank you for your time. Regards, Jelena

4 Replies 4
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

hello @Tajana2 - if the offer to make a change has not been accepted then the booking remains unchanged. End of story. 

You don't think that they would contact me even if the change hasn't been approved?

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Tajana2 , hold it: so you do have a confirmed booking, yes? and after that, someone, you or the  guest, sent a "change reservation" form - that is the only thing that counts. if that was not accepted within 24 hours then it all goes back to the original booking. seems strange that yiu would send a change of reservation for actually 100 less, and guest would not approve it?? I mean that's in their own best interest....

Or are you talking about an agreement reached per messaging back and forth? all that is informal talk which means nothing until there is a definite booking request/confirmed booking.

Sometimes we hosts get the run around from potential guests - and nothing ever materializes.

So I'm curious: what exactly is going on in your situation?

Everything is resolved. The situation was that I had overbooking in one of my apartments. I suggested to the guest that the last night she goes in  another apartament (same villa but next door). Guest approved the change of reservation (the guest acctualy made it), we were waiting that airbnb approve it. At the end of the story we contacted airbnb by phone and solved the situation.