someone wants to books for someone and not a good situation

Sharon23
Level 2
Foster City, CA

someone wants to books for someone and not a good situation

There is inquiry that someone wants to book for someone else and not them.  I thought that this was the policy of Airbnb?  Also I have told the person 5 times that I do not have a private room just a couch, and still they want have two people on the couch. Which I can not allow or is legal either And still they want to stay at my place.

What shall I do about this siutation?

For I do not want to lose my super host rating either

Sincerely,

Sharon

8 Replies 8
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You are correct about third party booking, @Sharon23 so just end it there.  Also if the guests do not fit in how your space is configured but insist that they are, they are just unrealistic bargain hunters and often leave negative reviews.  Not worth your time.  Why are you concerned about SH status if you decline?

Linda,

the reason I am concerned for last week, I just cancelled someone because both me and the husband did not feel comfortable with another person.  For they wanted to come late at night or early in morning and had to call the customer service to get rid of that person for she was too strange and acting like she was on crack or something like that  and now here is another person where we are having problems again!

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Sharon23   I would personally accept with CONDITIONS. I have approve this reservation for 1 as request on the confirmed booking reservation. I will ONLY allow the 1 person who booked into my home, so the second person needs to make other plans. You must agree to these CONDITIONS or cancel the booking within 48 hours for a full penalty free refund otherwise my strict cancellation policy comes into pay.  

This documents it for AirBnB and covers you without a dencline being needed. 

so I should say that in the message part or that i approve selection

@Sharon23  Put it in the message and hit Approve and send it on it's way to the annoying person. 

Sharon23
Level 2
Foster City, CA

ok, thanks Letti from Texas

Thanks again Letti, your suggestion worked, now they are going away

@Sharon23   Good I'm glad. It usually does when they realize that you are not going to given in and it may cost them money. If you want to block the annoying gentleman use the flag on his profile and chose Something Else and then say Yes to Block.