which one to select private or entire house

which one to select private or entire house

Hello,

I have a big house with 3 bed rooms and 3 king size beds.

I am open to give as entire place OR separate rooms for different guests.

what should i list it as ?

For entire house, lets say  6 people 150$ -  This price remains fixed

But i can add 1 floor single matress in each room and can accomadate approximately total of 9 people. (ie 2+1 person in each room)

I know there is a way to add the extra floor matress,  but i am confused about the pricing part.

Is there a way to add pricing for these 3 additional people?

For Private room -  Each room can accomodate  2 people and the price will be 50$

I can add one floor matress for 1 person, so in that case how can i price for 3 people.

I have seen some of the properties are listed as  "PRIVATE ROOM IN GUESTHOUSE"   

I am not clear in what situation this has to be used.

Thank you.

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Yathisha0 Good that you came to the forum first as this can be sorted out.  Two different issues.  First  you should create a listing for each room and then a listing for the entire house.  Make sure the pictures and descriptions are unique to each listing.  Then you will synch the calendars so that if a room is booked then the entire house calendar is booked as well.  Or, if the entire house is booked , then all the individual rooms are booked as well.  Make sense?

Now if you want to accept additional guests for each room by providing an additional mattress, you could have a nightly rate for 2 guests per room with an extra guest charge for using the extra mattress.  Go to pricing and edit for extra guests.

Some of the details about all this can be given to you by reading the articles in the Help Center, such as how to synch calendars.   Good luck and good hosting!!