Do you collect anything?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Do you collect anything?

Do you collect anything_.png

Hi there everyone,

The majority of people, to a greater or lesser extent, enjoy collecting things. From books to comics, autographs to photos: anything can be collected.

It can be a cultural expression that depends on the personal motivation of each collector and is sometimes focused on a particular theme. I personally have a Pokemon card or two(hundred) knocking around somewhere...

What do you passionately or even begrudgingly collect? Do you like to show it to your guests?

Show us what you like to collect and tell us why!

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

13 Replies 13
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Stephanie0

Miles of Smiles are one of my favourite things to collect.

Personally I'm trying to cull stuff at the moment.

When travelling I have in the past had a terrible habit of buying a t-shirt or singlet or book on the places I visited, it's a nice way to remember & have fond memories.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I can't resist old hats, @Stephanie . Most have been given to me - people getting rid of their great-aunt's hat collection, that sort of thing. I seldom wear them except for performance (as in my profile pic, where I am playing Dr. Susanna Carson Rijnhart), but I like to have them around, on hooks, perched on the wall clock, etc. 

When I was setting up our spare bedroom for guests, I asked a relative who stayed in the room for advice. She told me to clear out the hats.

I did.

Okay! All but the brown felt trilby that is on the mirror hook, but it's nice. 🙂

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Lawrene0 @Stephanie @Linda-And-Richard0 @Ana1136 @Jessica-and-Henry0 @Sandra126@Kate Mary@Ana

@Lawrene0says she collects old hats, that was at one stage something I've done & have several in  my possesion inclduing some from what must be in the 40's, do you also collect hats of any kind?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Helen427 

Errrm... well... I do have a selection of novelty hats. I'll share a snap if you guys go first! :X

Thanks

-----

I'm a big fan of books - yep have a kindle - but you can't beat the smell of a musty old book and the rustle of pages turning! I have shelves of them and can't bear to part with any. Many have made it onto the shelves of my rentals properties (I'm hoping a few of my guests get as much pleasure as I do from them)! It's just my way of extending my personal library - if I ever had to have of my books back at m own place I've not got a clue where I would put them all!!!

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I collect guests!!!

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Touché.

-----

Henry and I like fridge magnets or key chains. 🙂 we know~ sooo~ touristy~ Occasionally we will get the Starbucks city mug or espresso cup. I also sometimes get small sauce bowls or plates or fun-looking cooking utensils.

I personally always like to get a scarf or light shawl. I have a friend who always gets a tee shirt. 

I like things that don't take up a lot of space and are things I can occasionally use. 

The bamboo wood chopsticks and spoons I have at home are from my 1st Japan trip to Tokyo. In the guest bath the dish for rings or jewelry/accessories is from a set of dishes I got in Vietnam. Henry's keyring is one we got in London. One of my favorite scarfs for spring/fall is from a Paris business trip and for summer is one from Thailand that just caught my eye when Henry and I were sightseeing. 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Stephanie I collect coins from different countries and I also buy a Hard Rock Cafe tee from every city I visit that has it 🙂 

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

@Stephanie  My collection is ceramics.  Favorites are pieces made by local artists.  Just yesterday I picked up two beautiful pieces at an estate sale.  My daughter is a talented potter so my collection includes several pieces she created.   Ceramics by Katie Alwine KomosCeramics by Katie Alwine Komos

Pictured is a set of coffee mugs she made for guests to use at our Airbnb property.

Leo192
Level 8
Spartanburg, SC

So far I have about 6 iPhone chargers that guests have left behind.

Maria2461
Level 2
Tibro, Sweden

Im the most picky angelcollector you can imagine, but Ive managed to get some over the years. 🙂 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I do have a collection of old marbles, but apart from that, "collections" are just dust collectors, as far as I'm concerned. I prefer getting rid of stuff to amassing it.