What do guests love the most about staying at a place?

What do guests love the most about staying at a place?

Is it the view from the house, or the interior design or the cleanliness or the host?

12 Replies 12
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Of the four, I think people will choose cleanliness, @Rachel473. Then host. View and design are wonderful, but a dirty place and neglectful host will get a listing shut down. If you are in the process of setting something up, go with all four 🙂

I have to agree with @Lawrene0, if the place is not clean the rest doesn't really matter; most of the guests probably wouldn't stay (depends on the cleanliness of the place obviously).

I agree with Lawrene also

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Love this topic @Rachel473

I definitely agree with @Jean286 and @Lawrene0 though, cleanliness is really important. After all it is hard to relax in a place if it is dirty and not very welcoming. 

To add, I am a big fan of natural light so lots big windows are a plus for me when I stay anywhere. 

What about you what do you think?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Susie0
Level 10
Oakland, CA

When reality exceeds expectations! That's really the global answer, since expectations depend on what the listing said. When you deliver even better than what you promised, a guest can't help but be delighted. In theory anyway 🙂

For example very wide angle photography of a small place that is dark, but lit for the shots, can be deceiving. My first travel experience was to a place that only had a photo of the newly painted front door. The place was surrounded with boarded up, graffitied buildings - super scary. The host said I should have asked what the area was like. Not! 

Thank you Susie.  I have been answering inquiries about my parakeets - and it was suprising how often questions came up.  Before my first guests, I was worried that they were actually keeping guests from booking.  I thought about it and I agree with you about meeting expectations.  I uploaded a picture of them in my listing and have also indicated the live on the property (first step).  I want my guests to know that they are not their responsibility but I need to be there to take care of them once a day.  I had to get real about my expectations that I will be losing bookings because of my pets - and that's okay.  They stay.

Rachel

Mt. David Home

Cottage Grove, OR

Smart-Home-Rentals0
Level 2
Bournemouth, United Kingdom

Hi Rachel, I think cleaniless is very important to guests. A clean and tidy property on their arrival after traveling to the property definitely puts their stay to a good start!! Interior design and the view from the house I believe is important to make your property stand out from others, which will help you to get more bookings!

LeAnn17
Level 2
Kansas City, MO

Cleanliness would be my #1

cleanlines. I think most will choose that one. The sencond is the host. My host is friendly. He plays games (polysphere from apknite, etc.) with me when he has time. He also drives me to great places around.

The thing the foregneirs love the most is to feel at home. Home isn’t the place, it’s the people. If you are able to make them feel less foregneirs, you’ll touch their hearts.

Elona7
Level 2
Guelph, Canada

While I agree wholeheartedly that cleanliness is a top priority, I'm also a sucker for location. I will put up with a small space and a grumpy host (although I have yet to meet one!) if I know that the location is prime.

Clare219
Level 2
Gisborne, New Zealand

Hi, our guests all say it was so nice to find a 'comfortable bed'! They also comment on the little extras we provide, like a patisserie from the local French bakery. And surprisingly, they love our pets, two small dogs! We also have a large vegetable and herb garden, and they love being able to help themselves to salad greens and herbs! Jan and Clare in Gisborne NZ.